IGNORED

Thor bullets

smittty

My son pick up a new muzzleloader didn’t have the time so asked  me to play with it. Well I spent the day with three different loads a could not get better the fore inch groups. Well I always wanted to try a bullet to bore  and this was my chance so I ordered some Thor”s I got the sizing kit and decided on the 502. Whelp first one was going Down pretty damn hard squeezed it off dead center. First shot almost fell down. That was at 100 yards loaded another one it was really really tight so I  send and down range hit 2 inches higher than the first one.    third bullet was not going down down the tube So I took A bore  snake through our four or five times with a little CRC next shot was about an inch lower than the first one not bad I was very happy but new the gun is capable of doing better. That being said I put 115 gr of Blackhorn  from 110 in her     well, anyways, when I was done, I was shooting sub 1 inch groups garden, shooting 1 inch low on 100 Heading dead nuts on at 50   Gun like a clean barrel. Welp anyways I’m very happy with the Thor  bullets. Oh and they are manufactured by Barnes 

1 hour ago, smittty said:

Just like to play and got lucky 

They are similar to Powerbelts in that they use no sabot but the PB's have a plastic base. I saw on the website that CVA's have a smaller bore diameter than others. Maybe that's why guys who use PB's in other than CVA's get poor accuracy. 

Thanks for the info. 

I'm going to check Modern Muzzleloaders Forum for more info on them. 

The Thor or is a Barnes spitfire that the bottom of the bullet is bored out and cupped the cup is thin walled so when you’re charge goes off the copper cup expands to the rifling of your barrel and that’s what steers you’re bullet  so no need for the plastic sabot. Anyhow I was very impressed with it in that particular gun seeing how I couldn’t get better then four inch groups whith any saboted bullet I tried

Also if anyone on here plans on ordering any I have the sizing kit I could give them to save a few bucks. Once they are sized the bullets themselves ship two day air and I don’t understand how but there a couple pennys cheaper then the Barnes tez”s