IGNORED

Saddle Hunting

Turkeyslayer

I’ve been looking at getting a saddle but I don’t know the first thing about it. I do all types of hunting I have properties that i have preset stands properties that i use climbers and others that I have a hang on and sticks and would like to add a saddle to the group. But is it worth it what are the pros and cons for bow hunting out of it. Is it easy to shoot a compound and cross bow out of? and advise is appreciated 

I like the compact packing of a saddle vs a climber when I’m hunting out of state or public land. I have a Cruzr saddle with Hawk Helium sticks and a Trophyline Mission platform. 

I wear my saddle and pack my sticks and platform on my backpack. I added suspenders to my saddle to so it doesn’t slide down or sag while I’m walking. 

It takes some practice to get used to it but I can shoot my compound out of it without problems. I have never tried shooting a crossbow from the saddle. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

20 minutes ago, Devil Horns said:

I like the compact packing of a saddle vs a climber when I’m hunting out of state or public land. I have a Cruzr saddle with Hawk Helium sticks and a Trophyline Mission platform. 

I wear my saddle and pack my sticks and platform on my backpack. I added suspenders to my saddle to so it doesn’t slide down or sag while I’m walking. 

It takes some practice to get used to it but I can shoot my compound out of it without problems. I have never tried shooting a crossbow from the saddle. 

I appreciate the part about suspenders! I just stuff it in bag and put on at tree. I got the Predator Platform and use Hawk Helium Minis. I only go 4 sticks high, I look for trees with cover or a double tree to breakup outline. 

23 minutes ago, Devil Horns said:

I got the Tethrd Phantom. It takes time to get used to hang by ropes but all the stuff is rock climber rated and you can practice near ground level. Tethrd got tons of how-to vids online.

Get the Eberhart Signature Series for comfort. That's what I'd get now. Get some Ropeman Ascenders too to make life much easier.

30 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

I appreciate the part about suspenders! I just stuff it in bag and put on at tree. I got the Predator Platform and use Hawk Helium Minis. I only go 4 sticks high, I look for trees with cover or a double tree to breakup outline. 

These are the suspenders I bought. 

https://www.firstlite.com/products/suspenders.html?lang=en_US

I'm your Huckleberry :devious: