IGNORED

Carrying slugs while Duck Hunting

NJNewbie

Good morning,

I believe this has come up before, and the answer if I'm not mistaken was no you can not because you must have steel shot for waterfowl. My question is what if I bought steel sabot slugs? Seen a few manufactures online but never heard of anyone using them.

I plan on hunting some small creeks this year and would like to be able to shoot a deer if the opportunity presents itself. 

6 minutes ago, NJNewbie said:

Ok understood,

What if im not duck hunting? Then all good to shoot a deer from a kayak or boat? I realize you cant be under power and must be wearing orange. 

Perfectly legal to hunt/shoot deer from you being in water weather canoe or you in chest waders

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The only way u could waterfowl hunt and deer hunt at same time would be with archery equipment with flu fly arrows and blunt tips with u

🤣

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Before the days of lead free shot, I used to carry shells from # 8 fine shot for grouse and woodcock, to 4s and 6s and even 2s for ducks, rabbits, pheasants, and geese.  That's no bueno today.....

Me too, but I always got them mixed up, what pockets are they in.:rofl:

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

What's so funny it can be done

Sorry I must be missing something.Harvest a duck or deer with a blunt tip?