IGNORED

Jack's Shot Placement Thread

Rusty

yeah, they do do that!!! Happend a lot to me!!

Well technically they don't, a deer has no idea that something is flying through the air towards them.  When they are spooked they run.  To run, the first thing they must do is drop down so that their legs are bent and they can push off.  

They are running, they are not ducking the arrow.     

Well, yeah technically you are right, they drop at the sound to prepare to bolt or whirl away, it has resulted in misses and two deer that after dropping to whirl, have moved thier heads into the path of the arrow!! Only to go down with a head shot!! Not at all the shot I was looking for but it worked! Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Well, yeah technically you are right, they drop at the sound to prepare to bolt or whirl away, it has resulted in misses and two deer that after dropping to whirl, have moved thier heads into the path of the arrow!! Only to go down with a head shot!! Not at all the shot I was looking for but it worked! Lol

Yeah that'll work.   :rofl:

• 9 months later...

just wanted to bump this to see the date posted. I gave a thumbs up, noticed the date and the thread disappeared. I'd like to know why a year old thread was on the front page? I think I figured it out that someone hit bump this topic but it doesn't give any info on who.

Edited by jerseyhunter

just wanted to bump this to see the date posted. I gave a thumbs up, noticed the date and the thread disappeared. I'd like to know why a year old thread was on the front page? I think I figured it out that someone hit bump this topic but it doesn't give any info on who.

That's what's so col about the Bump button.  You can be completely anonymous.   :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:

:rofl:  :rofl:  

Yea...here is what happened the last time I had a drop and whirl...Texas Heart shot. Only went 40 yds :)

20141121_071038.jpg