IGNORED

Mushroom id

It's that time of year.You might have a gold mine cut off  a little piece  Fry and eat it

https://unrulygardening.com/chicken-of-the-woods-mushroom/#:~:text=Chicken of the Woods is most likely to be found,depending on where you live.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 minute ago, Septicdude said:

Older chicken of the woods past its prime.

Disagree tis the season Op said they're popping up now, the rains did it

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 minute ago, Septicdude said:

Yes I know Bob I've been picking them for the past week.  The one he has I. The picture is past its prime it looks like.  First one I saw was a month ago. 

Should look brighter like this

IMG_20230819_091224.jpg

I agree!

48 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

Thanks good to know. The wife was wondering and thought so when she googled it. However we are not looking to eat them unless it was confirmed in person.  

Chicken of the woods is one of the easiest to identify and there's really. Nothing that resembles it.  The only thing that is mildly close to them is jack o la tern mushrooms but even they aren't that close.