IGNORED

Butcher

Mhunt6030

This is more of a rant than anything but I just heard that the meat room on maple lane isn’t going to be open this year . I used them for two deer and a bear last year and all were so bad that I threw it out. Not to mention I walked in with my son and the kids working there were smoking weed during Customer hours ( do what you want in your free time but be mindful of the kids) not to mention I sat there for twenty minutes before anyone came to help me with the questions I had. The two icing on the cake was both my venison and bear sausage were so bad I couldn’t eat them. I thought maybe it’s just me but everyone who ate it said it was fowl. I’ve heard other people have horror stories with them like not getting there heads back and him bulk grinding and packing the meat so it’s not even your own deer but untill I saw it first hand I didn’t believe it. I’ve heard nothing but good things from another guy in Columbia or Knowlton so I’m definetly taking my deer there this year.

9 minutes ago, kohunter said:

What are the other 2 you mentioned?

The other two issues? It’s been multiple not really just two I’m a really easy guy when it comes to wild game meat but some other things were his vacuum sealer would never work right and half the bags wouldn’t be sealed and would get freezer burnt if I called and said I shot a deer and was on the way but I’d be a few minutes late after the early 9 o’clock closing they wouldn’t wait not even ten minuets and god forbid you shot one in the morning he wouldn’t get there untill 10:30-11 o’clock it’s been multiple bad experience and no excuses not even a sorry I’ll never go back or recommend them even if he did open 

Problem is, the number of wild game butchers (GOOD butchers) are becoming few and far between. So you are either stuck with using a horrible butcher, or doing it yourself (assuming you can't find a class-A, good butcher you trust).

I lost count how many butchers we lost in my area - 3? 4? I don't even know what butchers are around me anymore - after my first butcher closed up shop, I learned how to do it myself. It isn't hard - assuming you have a garage or someplace to hang and skin the deer, it's pretty easy. @Mhunt6030 consider doing it yourself if you have the space. But I get it - some people don't have the space, tools, or time. But if you can manage it, it is satisfying being able to process your own meat (AND you don't have the problem you had where you aren't even sure you are getting your own deer back!).

FWIW: I have a Google Map of NJ Butchers if you need to try to find another.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1CRod2P_sFs0My0yN3jvNnc21sdp8wNN3&usp=sharing

Lemme know if you see any that are now closed (or new ones that are open) and I'll add it to the map. I guess I'll remove The Meat Room from the map...

@BowhunterNJ you can put a link to this under the "More > Mappings" links at the top.. I see you have the google map for the hunting stores but not for the butchers map.

Edited by mazzgolf

28 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

FWIW: I have a Google Map of NJ Butchers if you need to try to find another.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1CRod2P_sFs0My0yN3jvNnc21sdp8wNN3&usp=sharing

Lemme know if you see any that are now closed (or new ones that are open) and I'll add it to the map. I guess I'll remove The Meat Room from the map...

@BowhunterNJ you can put a link to this under the "More > Mappings" links at the top.. I see you have the google map for the hunting stores but not for the butchers map.

It's been added now :up:

30 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Problem is, the number of wild game butchers (GOOD butchers) are becoming few and far between. So you are either stuck with using a horrible butcher, or doing it yourself (assuming you can't find a class-A, good butcher you trust).

I lost count how many butchers we lost in my area - 3? 4? I don't even know what butchers are around me anymore - after my first butcher closed up shop, I learned how to do it myself. It isn't hard - assuming you have a garage or someplace to hang and skin the deer, it's pretty easy. @Mhunt6030 consider doing it yourself if you have the space. But I get it - some people don't have the space, tools, or time. But if you can manage it, it is satisfying being able to process your own meat (AND you don't have the problem you had where you aren't even sure you are getting your own deer back!).

That’s what I’m gonna do if this other guy doesn’t work out literally all of my friends have been telling me to switch and use this place called The Buck Stops Here. I just spoke with one of them and he gave me a lot of good info.“The guys name is Colin and another guy really nice guys very professional and fantastic butchers” he said I have to try there bacon cheddar burgers. Fingers crossed