IGNORED

New experience

Codaboy

Was in south jersey at a fellow deer club members slip at 6:15. Make the  15 minute run to one of the local bridges. Got set up, drop to bottom and bang the tog are chewing. We catch a couple to 4-5 pounds. The tide starts to slow down. In 35' of water using 1/4 ounce tog jig

Band I hook up on my first sheepshead. The fish hit deep. I was able to get him up maby 5 feet from surface. Now he realizes he s hooked. Turns and starts screaming my 4000 stratic on full drag.I palmed the reel and broke off the fish. My buddy was up and ready to net fish when I had it close to surface, and said that fish was 10-12 pounds. Broke the uni to uni knot 30# braid to 20 fluro. 12 pound fish had shoulders like a 30# bft. If you never hooked up to a big sheepshead, should definitely give it a try. Now I'm hooked on another species of fish that visits NJ.

Wish we would see more of them here in our area .

been rumors for a few years that the divers see schools of them occasionally in shark river .

but never heard of anyone catching one .

would def  be a fish I spent time on .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, Buck154 said:

They are fun to catch and are one of the best to eat. I have caught so many in Florida. They make a blackfish hit like a bluefish. 

Caught a lot of them when I stationed at MacDill in Tampa. Tons of fun, especially on med-light tackle.