IGNORED

5/29- Turkey Hunt.

Fred Flintstone

My best day yet without getting a Bird. Heard a good 6 Toms  and a few Jakes.

I had Toms Gobbling from their Trees on either  side of a Woods Road. I made a makeshift  blind in the Bushes  20 yards off the Woods Road. 

Calling with a Square piece of Marble and a Hickory  Striker. Clucks,Purrs,Super Soft Yelps and after 1 hour of Gobbling- Silence.

Yup they all got together  in the Hardwoods  behind me. Yelped just 3 Times Loud on a Box.   They are moving to the Bottom .

Hustle to the edge and there they are. Strutting alone and looking up my position from a good 65 yards is a Gobbler.

Hit a Cluck on the Marble and another starts walking up  through thick Foliage.  Never saw him.  Walked back down he did. 

I have to get down into the bottom.  Got just 1 Gobble reply from the Box.  They are all together  and moving away.

Have to get in that Bottom super early  tomorrow.  

20230529_072335.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

On 5/29/2023 at 8:47 AM, Fred Flintstone said:

My best day yet without getting a Bird. Heard a good 6 Toms  and a few Jakes.

I had Toms Gobbling from their Trees on either  side of a Woods Road. I made a makeshift  blind in the Bushes  20 yards off the Woods Road. 

Calling with a Square piece of Marble and a Hickory  Striker. Clucks,Purrs,Super Soft Yelps and after 1 hour of Gobbling- Silence.

Yup they all got together  in the Hardwoods  behind me. Yelped just 3 Times Loud on a Box.   They are moving to the Bottom .

Hustle to the edge and there they are. Strutting alone and looking up my position from a good 65 yards is a Gobbler.

Hit a Cluck on the Marble and another starts walking up  through thick Foliage.  Never saw him.  Walked back down he did. 

I have to get down into the bottom.  Got just 1 Gobble reply from the Box.  They are all together  and moving away.

Have to get in that Bottom super early  tomorrow.  

20230529_072335.jpg

6 Tom’s, that is an awesome morning!