IGNORED

Which hot water heater is best for my house: Electric tankless vs Electric tank

BowhunterNJ

56 minutes ago, Silkcitymedic said:

Tankless may need 3 30 amp breakers or more and the wires run. What is the water temp coming out of the well and what is the flow and how much can the tankless increase the water at that flow. We had one but it was undersized and the hard water destroyed it.

I believe well water comes out of the ground right around 55 degrees no matter where you are

I have a 50 gallon right now, with two 30 amp circuits I believe.  I checked it out tonight and the lower element went bad (no resistance), top appears to be working.  We do get some hot water but it doesn't last long.  Have a guy coming in the morning to check it out and give us some recommendations.  I'll either go bigger tank or tankless depending on how things go in the discussion, estimates, time, etc.  Was hoping I had more time to plan it out, but with hardly any hot water, I'll need to make a decision quicker.

The Noritz commercial tankless model here is going on 13+ years of uninterrupted service. The hot water is nearly to temp in an instant at the faucet.

The tankless also heats radiant floors too.

The newer tankless models supposedly don't last as long.

Check your tank temperature setting.

9 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I have a 50 gallon right now, with two 30 amp circuits I believe.  I checked it out tonight and the lower element went bad (no resistance), top appears to be working.  We do get some hot water but it doesn't last long.  Have a guy coming in the morning to check it out and give us some recommendations.  I'll either go bigger tank or tankless depending on how things go in the discussion, estimates, time, etc.  Was hoping I had more time to plan it out, but with hardly any hot water, I'll need to make a decision quicker.

You could replace the element and buy more time to make a "relaxed" decision.