IGNORED

Turkey bow hunt -- it bounced off him!!

mazzgolf

2 minutes ago, archer36 said:

It's not a near miss if that's what your aiming for.  Those heads are meant for head/neck shots. If you are aiming for the body and hit the head/neck, then you are a bad shot and lucky. 

What hammer is saying is you only get a decapitation on a near miss where a blade makes contact with the neck.  On a direct hit as he shows there is no penetration and the result for the most part is blunt force trauma much like using a blunt tip on small game

9 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

What hammer is saying is you only get a decapitation on a near miss where a blade makes contact with the neck.  On a direct hit as he shows there is no penetration and the result for the most part is blunt force trauma much like using a blunt tip on small game

I understand. But what I meant was if you aim for the head/neck and slice off it's head, it was on purpose, not a near miss.  You are only talking an inch or so either way. I don't think anyone will purposely aim an inch to either side. The cutting diameter of the head is such that it accounts for a few inches either way. To me, saying "near miss" means a mistake. We know what he means but it can be interpreted differently. 

A near miss on a deer is a spine shot. You didn't plan it, but it happened. That's the way I see a "near miss". 

5 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I understand. But what I meant was if you aim for the head/neck and slice off it's head, it was on purpose, not a near miss.  You are only talking an inch or so either way. I don't think anyone will purposely aim an inch to either side. The cutting diameter of the head is such that it accounts for a few inches either way. To me, saying "near miss" means a mistake. We know what he means but it can be interpreted differently. 

A near miss on a deer is a spine shot. You didn't plan it, but it happened. That's the way I see a "near miss". 

In order for the head to work you have to miss the actual aiming location we shoot at for the head to work .

if setting up decoys close and you can hit an aspirin you need to aim off the actual neck to cut the head off .

i shot quite a few Tom’s with bullheads . Most had broken necks , not their head cut off .

it’s tough aiming off to an edge of the neck while their head is bouncing around .…

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/