IGNORED

05/16/2022 Site Update Inbound!

BowhunterNJ

3 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I think you just happened to X out of the image that was tied to the embed.  There will be two images (i1 and i2) and two embeds (e1 and e2).  You deleted e2 and i1 and i2 were still in the attachments, then you deleted i1 and it automatically deleted e1, leaving i2 attached but not embedded.

Yeah, I just tried another test. Instead of backspacing/deleting the right most image, I did the first/leftmost and it behaved as expected. So the right attachment was linked to the first/leftmost image in the message (I would have thought the first attachment was linked to the first image in the message, but it was reversed).

So really it's the double-paste that looks to be a bug.

@mazzgolf, reply from software support:

This seems to come up every now and again where the user in question is using a third party clipboard manager or some third party add-on in the browser which is causing this. You will want to contact them and have them try again with these items disabled.

What are you using to clip/copy (clipboard) the image before pasting it in the editor?

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Same question for you that I posted to @mazzgolf

Clipboard.  Copied the file by selecting it in the OS and using the Copy command.  Then pasted it into the window using Ctrl-V.

Normally I drag and drop from the OS into the browser, so this behavior is atypical for me.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I'm just using whatever image capture software RHEL uses out of box (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.5). 

I press "Control-Shift-PrintScreen", then drag a box over the part of the screen I want to capture. It takes a snapshot of that portion of the screen I highlight and puts it on the clipboard. At that point, I have an image in my clipboard that I can "control-v" (paste) to in here (I can paste the image anywhere that will take an image - like LibreOffice, too).

I use this all the time when I need to capture, say, a paragraph in the NJ Hunting Digest PDF. Just control-shift-printscreen, drag a rectangle selection around the portion of the page I want to capture, then control-v to paste the image in the message.

8 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Well, if this is the worst bug you have to worry about, you are in good shape. :nerd:

Don't worry about it. It has an easy workaround (just delete the extra image).

I followed up with software support, will see if they have anything to add. :up:

It's like I tell my wife and kids when some first-world problem hits the family ("awww... I burnt my toast!".... "darn it! I got spaghetti sauce on my new white shirt!")... I always tell them, "If that's the worst thing that happens to you today, you are in great shape and just thank God for that." :D After all, it could be one of those days when the doctor calls to tell you that you have cancer (we had one of those days)... so it's all relative.

Uploading duplicate images? pffftt... no biggie. ;)