IGNORED

Turkey Vs Human Public Enemy #1 - Is....

Fred Flintstone

What Scares Wild Turkeys the most on Public Lands?

This is an easy one really. Since,I Hike and Bike year round as well as Hunt-- there is one Human Group that will put Turkeys into a Sprint and a fast Flight to Kansas.

Definitely  it is the ever growing Mountain Bikers numbers on all State and Public Lands.

These Mountain  Bikers will whizz right by you on a narrow Trail faster then you would believe in the Hardwoods. And on the weekends- they get out at before Dawn in large groups.

Imagine the Wild Turkey flies down and soon these 2 Round Whizzing things with Human Giants wearing Bright Yellows,Bright Blues,Orange,Pink,Purples, from head to toe.

Seriously, I try to avoid areas that Mountain Bikers use. Alot of Trails are set up just for Hikers. The Turkeys are used to seeing slow moving Hikers. They move off some- but soon resume normal feeding and travel activity.  No big fright there.

Some of these Mountain Bikers are Biking Full Speed  through the Hardwoods. I have found makeshift " Jumps" deep in the Hardwoods.

Alot of the Newer Turkey Hunters have not solved the Puzzle yet. Thought,I would upload this different- but important  Thread. I personally  prefer the Wetland/ Hardwood areas where Turkeys won't  be put into Flight by Mountain  Bikers.

Good Luck out there. I need some of that myself.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.