IGNORED

Warmwater fisheries......stocking trout verse bass ......

MRMCR

2 hours ago, Timo said:

Rahway river and diamond mill is a complete waste of time.

WOW a blast from my past from when I lived in Union Township from 1946 to 1962,  The Rahway river was a much better Cleaner River Fished it from  Springfield  to RT 22  They stock 4 spots with full access, Was very Popular for all ages,  3 areas did holdover fish, 

Diamond Mill Pond was also Popular but with lower numbers than the RR, Both were Spring Stocked 1 Time,   I lived in Alpine Park on  Alpine Ave  till Rt 78 took over my parents house, I rode my Bike there most times, It was quite a trip especially with water in my Leaky waders heading home, It held the Trout till they were fished out,  There was a Reservoir above Spring fed from South Mountain Reservation that they would make releases if and when the lake went down,  Both were completely Drained one year to Clean and kill the Weeds,  The fish removed and replaced nothing to Brag about thou, 

To SAY THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME IS ignorant since Nj has many Local  Lakes ( Ponds )  since they provide fishing for many ages,  who may only fish the Stockings,   Some get the initial stocking  of a few 100 with some getting 3 initial and a Fall and some the winter holdovers, One I know of has No Closed Season, 

The Small one I now fish has 3 & the winter stocking with many Holdovers since the majority of locals catch and release,  and LGM Bass up to 7lbs Plus along with many other Species ,   

Note Many kids were started on these Small,  you call  Waste of time Waters.  As my 2 Grandsons did.  :cheers:                                 

Conors Large Mouth Bass 002.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

WOW a blast from my past from when I lived in Union Township from 1946 to 1962,  The Rahway river was a much better Cleaner River Fished it from  Springfield  to RT 22  They stock 4 spots with full access, Was very Popular for all ages,  3 areas did holdover fish, 
Diamond Mill Pond was also Popular but with lower numbers than the RR, Both were Spring Stocked 1 Time,   I lived in Alpine Park on  Alpine Ave  till Rt 78 took over my parents house, I rode my Bike there most times, It was quite a trip especially with water in my Leaky waders heading home, It held the Trout till they were fished out,  There was a Reservoir above Spring fed from South Mountain Reservation that they would make releases if and when the lake went down,  Both were completely Drained one year to Clean and kill the Weeds,  The fish removed and replaced nothing to Brag about thou, 
To SAY THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME IS ignorant since Nj has many Local  Lakes ( Ponds )  since they provide fishing for many ages,  who may only fish the Stockings,   Some get the initial stocking  of a few 100 with some getting 3 initial and a Fall and some the winter holdovers, One I know of has No Closed Season, 
The Small one I now fish has 3 & the winter stocking with many Holdovers since the majority of locals catch and release,  and LGM Bass up to 7lbs Plus along with many other Species ,   
Note Many kids were started on these Small,  you call  Waste of time Waters.  As my 2 Grandsons did.  :cheers:                                 
371041286_ConorsLargeMouthBass002.jpg.6aacf2fa2a4b52ae4c37c4a8d50e104d.jpg

It’s get swamped l, shoulder to shoulder, for a week or 2 then it’s barren. Hardly an ignorant comment

43 minutes ago, Timo said:

It’s get swamped l, shoulder to shoulder, for a week or 2 then it’s barren. Hardly an ignorant comment

Than the NJDFAG Purpose of stocking them is a Success.  providing recreation where it is needed and off the Magor Streams for the Elitists to Stand Shoulder to shoulder to Fish for the Same Stocked Trout,  My Apologies for the ignorant part maybe WoK is better :up: 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I believe there are some spots in the creeks of the southern stocked lakes that the stocked trout can survive over the summer. I know one in particular I remember catching a  trout in August a few years ago Non natural trout water so obviously a holdover stocked trout.  I wouldn't say it's common and almost certain the trout would have to go over the spillway to the creek below where there may be deeper pools and more oxygenated water. Am I crazy or was this just 1 tough trout lol? Have there been studies done on exact survival thresholds of rainbows?

22 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Conors Large Mouth Bass 002.jpg

1 minute ago, ithaca10 said:

We lived i Union and have been cleaning up the Rahway River from Morris Ave by the ol Money Store to RT22 when my son and his friends were 10 years old and that 27 years ago. The Rahway River is a toilet pit loaded with trash and silt. As far as holding over trout no way. The surrounding towns are trying again to get the Army Corp of Engineers to clean it up again. Diamond Mill Pond has one place to fish and that by the dam which is approximately 4-5 feet deep. And don't hold over there also. To say it's an ignorant statement is not true it's a total waste of manpower and money. Hell i've already seen guys fishing Washington Park on the Rahway and it was stocked weeks ago. Here's their excuse when approached i'm fishing for bass.

• 3 weeks later...
We lived i Union and have been cleaning up the Rahway River from Morris Ave by the ol Money Store to RT22 when my son and his friends were 10 years old and that 27 years ago. The Rahway River is a toilet pit loaded with trash and silt. As far as holding over trout no way. The surrounding towns are trying again to get the Army Corp of Engineers to clean it up again. Diamond Mill Pond has one place to fish and that by the dam which is approximately 4-5 feet deep. And don't hold over there also. To say it's an ignorant statement is not true it's a total waste of manpower and money. Hell i've already seen guys fishing Washington Park on the Rahway and it was stocked weeks ago. Here's their excuse when approached i'm fishing for bass.

Amen brother