IGNORED

Motion Decoys

DarthWaderTroj

I’ll use a teal mojo occasionally early season if I’m not exactly where the birds want to be and feel like I need a little more drawing power. Other than that I agree that they are over used and the birds are used to seeing them. I think you’ll draw birds in with them but they won’t quite finish as well as they would if it wasn’t there. If you’re hunting a pond or other water with no movement I really think the jerk cord is the best option. Those splasher decoys are nice but they are expensive, heavy and you have to remember to charge them so just not really worth it in my opinion. Although they are nice to have in the spread and effective 

Buddy had an older Mojo last week... 8 AA batteries... didn't last the couple hours we were hunting!!! No thanks. I guess if they come with rechargeable batteries maybe.. but.. nah... those things are bulky to carry around, considering the long pole you need, plus the wings. Just seems like too much work for a single decoy.

Jerk string. Haven't used a spinning wing in years.

Have a couple willing to sell in great condition: older model Mojo King Mallard, battery, wings, feet, pole everything even still have the box it came in. And a MOJO Screamin Woody too with all the accessories. DM me if you're interested will give a good deal.

Had 2 geese land and hangout for 5 minutes in between 2 spinning wings during this year’s north zone first split. 

now of course if geese were in season, they would’ve steered clear.. isn’t that the way it goes. Some of it is pure luck.

if I had to only pick one I’d go with a jerk string though 

Sometimes we use a mojo in our deplorable rube swamp, but we place it 40 to 50 yards of our spread of 2 to 3 decoys. The motion decoys seems to attract Ducks. I also use a long stick to create some ripples by our decoys. 

17B910C7-4D3A-482A-8666-AAEA2623732F.jpeg

7CB4770C-418C-4B0E-A0AF-9BB0A0E84EB3.jpeg

8FED0A0F-16D7-4ED6-8000-51FEB8407E59.jpeg

Edited by Batsto