IGNORED

Pennsylvania rifle season help !

This will be my first year, in many, getting back in the woods in Pa for rifle. With the start now being Saturday and being able to hunt Sunday, if I read that correct. My brother-in-law and I will trying a property in the Tobyhanna area, 23,000 acres. I am looking forward to getting back out in Pa. It has been too long since I carried a rifle. 

Plan is opening Saturday hike in about a mile or so and wait for the sun to come up. There are a bunch of small swamps throughout the property. Will hang in close to swamp pinch points. First day will stay on the ground. But will have hang and hunt set up on my back to leave in the woods for the remainder of the rifle season. Hang the stand and pull all the steps each day. I think we are going to hike around about there at least twice before the season opener. Bucks only, we have no doe tags. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

1 hour ago, Ron said:

This will be my first year, in many, getting back in the woods in Pa for rifle. With the start now being Saturday and being able to hunt Sunday, if I read that correct. My brother-in-law and I will trying a property in the Tobyhanna area, 23,000 acres. I am looking forward to getting back out in Pa. It has been too long since I carried a rifle. 

Plan is opening Saturday hike in about a mile or so and wait for the sun to come up. There are a bunch of small swamps throughout the property. Will hang in close to swamp pinch points. First day will stay on the ground. But will have hang and hunt set up on my back to leave in the woods for the remainder of the rifle season. Hang the stand and pull all the steps each day. I think we are going to hike around about there at least twice before the season opener. Bucks only, we have no doe tags. 

If you’re hunting off 7mile road(SGL) I’d get a bear tag too.  We’ve pulled a few nice bears outa them swamps over the years.  My cousin has shot some decent bucks there over the years too.  Good luck! 

If you’re hunting off 7mile road(SGL) I’d get a bear tag too.  We’ve pulled a few nice bears outa them swamps over the years.  My cousin has shot some decent bucks there over the years too.  Good luck! 

What zone is that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/25/2021 at 12:34 PM, Eyesofthewoods said:

Plan is to hunt sgl 127. Park at the lake and hike in 2 miles in the dark. Unless the crowds are lower than I think they will be. 

Edited by Ron

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees.