IGNORED

FID Change of Address Turnaround Timeframe?

So I submitted my paperwork for my change of address on 12/02/2014 to the NJSP since moving into my new house and am still waiting for it. I had to go through all the paper work and get references again. Both my references told me they received calls from the NJSP (weeks ago now), and it was an over the phone interview...no paperwork to fill out and send back. At what point do I call the NJSP and ask for an ETA on the FID without seeming pushy or otherwise coming across as a negative for them?

I put in for a change of address and pistol permit end of October and am still waiting.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

It all depends on the town's Police Dept. your moving from.

I was lucky that the town I lived in for 38 yrs I knew all the officers, the town I moved to the detective doing my paperwork I was good friends with for 15 yrs at the time, he knew how important it was for me (he's a hunter as well) and officer in my old town also knew how important it was for me, so it was done in a week, but the Chief in the new town was away on vacation so I had to wait a week for him to sign off on it

• 1 month later...

Well I called after 3 months of waiting and spoke to a Lt there.  He said expect it sometime in June or July.  He said wherever/whoever "processes" it is "severely backlogged".

Not sure what the deal is with these turn around times, but 6 months for an address change is pretty ridiculous.

http://www.nj2as.com/OEC

By law they have 30 days to turn it around.  However, show me a NJ municipality that follows their own laws.

http://www.nj2as.com/SSforum/1138462

Some suggestions at that link.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

• 6 months later...