IGNORED

HVAC help needed..

Screaminta

Almost at my wits end with my a/c system, I mean it’s only 30 years old! 

I'm looking for a competent hvac guy who’s willing to work with an older r22 system. I need to get another year or two out of it before I do a full renovation on my house. Most I have called in the past won’t mess with it and try to sell me something for $10k. I’m in Fairfield so Essex/Morris county contractors would work. Let me know, thanks!

28 minutes ago, Screaminta said:

Almost at my wits end with my a/c system, I mean it’s only 30 years old! 

I'm looking for a competent hvac guy who’s willing to work with an older r22 system. I need to get another year or two out of it before I do a full renovation on my house. Most I have called in the past won’t mess with it and try to sell me something for $10k. I’m in Fairfield so Essex/Morris county contractors would work. Let me know, thanks!

I don’t know what your problem is but I went through this. I had a leak and no one was willing to look for it and fix it. After few times they also refused to recharge the system. 
I ended up with new compressor and air handler 

It should not be $10,000. No we do not fix too many old systems because the parts are difficult to get and very expensive. PM me for a free estimate I can send someone out to look at it no obligation.

R22 is very expensive as well. I would  also risk losing my HVAC license for just pumping Freon into a system without repairing it.  Sometimes it is not a sales pitch to replace new just the smartest way to go. 

My friend does all my and my aunt's HVAC, he only charges me for parts and never anything for labor, he tells me he likes the older units and does not like to change them out for no reason, but he said with the older unit repairs you chase the problem many times ( fixing a leak just for another leak to pop up somewhere else. Remember all of your lines are 30 years old and they do wear out over time) and after fixing the repair multiple times you spend more money on repairs than a new unit will cost and then you buy a new unit anyway. It sucks but bite the bullet and take the offer from slayer1962 or call someone else. 

Edited by ratherbhunting