IGNORED

Reloaded some 20 gauge sabots for the range on Friday.

GilV

I loaded 25 Hornady XTP 250 grain and 25 FTX 250 grain sabots.

The last time I went to the range I tested the XTP rounds. It was extremely windy. The 3 shot group was at 50 yards and the 9 shot group was at 100 yards.

I messed up the first reloads by compressing the rounds. I fixed that issue by using my rifle case lube on the sabots before I pushed them down to the nitro cards and compressed them to 75lbs in the MEC, which is what they are supposed to be.

I finally found some for XTP 300 grain rounds and will test them next. I would like to test the 300 grain FTX bullets but I have to drill out my roll crimper for the tip of the bullets.

I will let you know how I do on Friday.

Gil

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

Edited by GilV

Very nice!

Can't wait to see more.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I drilled out a sacrificial roll crimper so I could load some 300 grain SST-ML. It worked out. It was a cheap plastic one for conical bullets. I loaded 10 rounds of the 300 gr to test with the others. I have to work on using this roll crimper or get the courage to drill my better roll crimpers.

Looks like rain all day Friday so I may have change plans to shoot. 

IMG_1300.JPG