IGNORED

Interesting fawn mortality study from PA

Bucksnbows

Just read that yesterday, interesting for sure.  I always come away from studies like these however, with the question, how does/will this apply to the area I hunt? 

the coyote population in Somerset/Hunterdon counties is expanding rapidly, but in the private areas I hunt I don’t really see a reduction in deer population. 

How about you, any thoughts?

47 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Just read that yesterday, interesting for sure.  I always come away from studies like these however, with the question, how does/will this apply to the area I hunt? 

the coyote population in Somerset/Hunterdon counties is expanding rapidly, but in the private areas I hunt I don’t really see a reduction in deer population. 

I’ve hunted northern NJ since 1975. There were plenty of coyotes then, but over time the deer herd grew significantly. Our bear population has exploded during that time as has bobcat. Yet we still have a decent herd in most of those places.  Predators always reach equilibrium with their prey. Always. It’s a rule in biology

2 hours ago, Pathman said:

I feel the same way about areas I hunt