IGNORED

Looking for a decent size chicken coop

NotJust22s

33 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

My son and his girlfriend are looking to start raising chickens. He eats eggs every single day. I'm outside of Hackettstown but will travel. Let me know what you have,

Thanks and Stay Safe 

Check to see if this is still available.https://www.facebook.com/groups/560852197384154/permalink/1819981678137860/?sale_post_id=1819981678137860

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Tell him to just get a good set of plans (not hard to find online) and build one.  The lumber for this is being delivered Tuesday:

h3gRXzXl.jpg

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

9 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Tell him to just get a good set of plans (not hard to find online) and build one.  The lumber for this is being delivered Tuesday:

How did you know where to deliver it? I never gave you my address

😁 Thanks, just figured if someone had one ready to go it would be faster. If not, he'll build one.

2 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

How did you know where to deliver it? I never gave you my address

😁 Thanks, just figured if someone had one ready to go it would be faster. If not, he'll build one.

My design is based off of the Woods Fresh Air Poultry House.  The face with the top and bottom windows and the enclosed run faces south-and maximizes solar gain in wintertime.  The side windows and top windows maximize ventilation in the summertime.  A guy name Dr. Woods designed it about 100 years ago after analyzing chicken coops up and down the East Coast of the United States that withstood everything from brutal Maine winters to sweltering Florida summers.  He took what worked from each and incorporated it into his design.  His book (with diagrams) has long been in the public domain:

https://archive.org/stream/openairpoultryho00wood/openairpoultryho00wood_djvu.txt

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Check craigslist  etc theres always someone giving one away or selling for cheap  thats how my daughter found ours......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

• 2 weeks later...

0DB0C2E4-C247-4315-BAD8-552B1B4A9A95.thumb.jpeg.b39e6d4aae209bc6a20aea709b56eea4.jpegCheck utube great advice and ideas for simple designs that will keep you from making mistakes and you'll be able to steal ideas and build it custom for your needs. i have  a 6 x 10 x 4' high coop with a 8 x 8 run , i also free range when dogs are not running around . I had up to 12 birds and never had issues with crowding. PM if you need any suggestions  Also cheap run ideas are Hoop Coop made with cattle fencing arranged in a dome shape .

Good Luck & Happy Husbandry 

75B70EAF-CAE3-4937-BFF4-5FB42DAE7AE9.jpeg

9B2A64C9-0576-4FEB-BDE8-7EC9D4A77B63.jpeg

Edited by Nanuk