IGNORED

Sparta Mountain WMA

It's too flat down by you.   :)

lol... you are correct, down here when you shoot a deer, you have to actually drag them out. When I used to hunt up there near the Walpack Inn,  I was able to get them to a ridge and slide them down the mountain to a  road.. Heck man, winter bow and snow was awesome. Push them off a ridge and meet it on the road..lol

You need to plant some American Hazelnuts up there now.  I have five on my tiny property and they attract wildlife like moths to a flame.  Had a spike munching the leaves on one today.

They're not forest trees but more like giant shrubs that work well as a border or something to plant along a tree line.  They're hardy as heck and excellent cover for birds.

http://shop.arborday.org/product.aspx?zpid=847

If you're interested, I'll donate a few to the cause.  Have to wait until fall because the shipping dates have passed.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

You need to plant some American Hazelnuts up there now.  I have five on my tiny property and they attract wildlife like moths to a flame.  Had a spike munching the leaves on one today.

They're not forest trees but more like giant shrubs that work well as a border or something to plant along a tree line.  They're hardy as heck and excellent cover for birds.

http://shop.arborday.org/product.aspx?zpid=847

If you're interested, I'll donate a few to the cause.  Have to wait until fall because the shipping dates have passed.

Nice offer, we may take you up on it.  Let me look in to it.   :up:

Nice.  Did you see any golden-wings?

I'm not sure if our golden wing gal has come out yet for her annual singing survey.  Where Rusty and his students planted is still considered too young for that species.  I recently learned that she found a blue winged warbler on my (then) 5 year old clear cut last spring and she'll be back this season to see if it still has the blue or if a golden winged has moved in.  We have an historic nesting pair last seen in 2007 about 150 feet from my oldest clear cut under the adjacent power lines, so they use this habitat.  We have our fingers crossed!