IGNORED

Any one have the Mossberg 935

42 minutes ago, Bones said:

I had the 935, what a great shooting gun. It didn’t cycle 2 3/4 Game loads well but buckshot 3.5 waterfowl and turkey loads watch out it dropped em out a ways.

any 3.5 load packs a punch especially if your shooting a bunch. 

Shot a buck at 53 yards with your old 935, 3 inch 00

15 hours ago, johnyanu said:

I was looking at the Mossberg 935. I was wanting to shot 31/2 inch shells.  Do you think it would have to much recoil for a 15 year old 115 lbs I’ve been shooting for awhile.

Don't convince yourself that you have to shoot 3 1/2 inch shells....

especially for water fowl...

its more about the chokes and how each shell will pattern......I know there is more shot in them but I was in the same mode of thinking about 12 years ago and once I got a good choke that patterned well for me I quit shooting 3 1/2 inch for waterfowl and haven't looked back.... 

I really dont use buck shot for deer.. and for Turkey I have a 10ga with aftermarket choke...

P.S. there are plenty of great chokes out there and I have a few different ones for certain guns, but my go to is always a pattern master...

Unfortunately time and money are needed to do the testing and checking patterns....... good luck with your decisions 

59 minutes ago, Rem Mag said:

its more about the chokes and how each shell will pattern......I know there is more shot in them but I was in the same mode of thinking about 12 years ago and once I got a good choke that patterned well for me I quit shooting 3 1/2 inch for waterfowl and haven't looked back.... 

I really dont use buck shot for deer.. and for Turkey I have a 10ga with aftermarket choke...

P.S. there are plenty of great chokes out there and I have a few different ones for certain guns, but my go to is always a pattern master...

Unfortunately time and money are needed to do the testing and checking patterns....... good luck with your decisions 

thanks

I think 935 may be a little stiff for a 15 year old shooter. I have the 835 pump for Turkey and it throws a super pattern at great distances. Have you looked at the Mossberg 930? Fine gun and reasonably priced. I have one and no recoil. I would still be shooting it, but went with camo SX4. 

14 minutes ago, Batsto said:

I think 935 may be a little stiff for a 15 year old shooter. I have the 835 pump for Turkey and it throws a super pattern at great distances. Have you looked at the Mossberg 930? Fine gun and reasonably priced. I have one and no recoil. I would still be shooting it, but went with camo SX4. 

I have the Winchester sx4 to but it’s at my dads house so I’m looking to get a new gun at my dads

2 hours ago, Rem Mag said:

I agree the reason I shoot 3.5 is if I run out of shells I can borrow from any one with me lol