IGNORED

Winter over yet ??????

11 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Don’t have a buck I want to hunt this fall

Any interest in predator hunting?  I got into a few years ago, I love it.  It’s a great go between seasons for me.

I’m horrible at it, but have a lot of fun!  Middle of the night, freezing cold, calling in yotes and then you see the eyes illuminated from my red light head lamp.  Tons of fun.  

1 minute ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

Agreed.  I have finally learned patience in hunting.  There are plenty of times I have let deer pass just because I’ve been lazy, no interest in dressing them out, dragging them out, paying the butcher, etc.  This year is no different.  I took 2 does within the first 2 days I was in the tree.  Since then, it’s been a game for me and time off the couch. 

I get almost as much excitement just having deer under me as I do cleaned out in the back of my truck. 

I would say it’s the hunter’s choice at the end of the day.  I have my opinions on practices like APRs and QDM hunters shooting spike bucks,  but much like my armpits, my opinions sometimes stink.  

It changes as you go. as hunters we go through changes, from killing everything in sight to hunting of any bucks, from baiting to no baiting and  to being more selective. Its all good as long it is legal and I will shake your hand on a BB kill  if that's whats makes you happy.
I still kill a bunch, mainly adult does for meat but I now enjoy hunting. Nothing more exciting to me than being able to understand enough about deer to pick a spot, climb a tree and have deer walk by without baiting. I think about how big is their world, how big are the woods and how unlikely it is for them to walk by my tree. (but I do have to fling an arrow or two every now and then:happywave:)

2 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

Any interest in predator hunting?  I got into a few years ago, I love it.  It’s a great go between seasons for me.

I’m horrible at it, but have a lot of fun!  Middle of the night, freezing cold, calling in yotes and then you see the eyes illuminated from my red light head lamp.  Tons of fun.  

We have something in common. I started pred hunting few years ago and I also suck at it. I don't do nights. Day calling with my favorite gun the 22-250. Foxes are easy but I have yet to called a yote in. maybe this year. 

I been saying it for a few years now. Love the change of seasons but by Jan 1 st I would love for the spring to start. Jan , Feb and March are the worse. Sure I still do some hunting and ice fishing when there is ice but I would rather be fishing in 50-60 degrees and Turkey hunting. Bring on the spring ! 

2 minutes ago, OMC said:

I been saying it for a few years now. Love the change of seasons but by Jan 1 st I would love for the spring to start. Jan , Feb and March are the worse. Sure I still do some hunting and ice fishing when there is ice but I would rather be fishing in 50-60 degrees and Turkey hunting. Bring on the spring ! 

Yes but if Spring came in January you would end up with 6 months of harsh, 90 degree weather. Like someone said the winter didn't even start, don't push it:nonono::nonono: