IGNORED

what would cause this behavior with my arrows

mazzgolf

I'm down south. I'm not going to do anything until later... that's all I need is to screw up my head with changes when I finally see a deer in front of me :) As I say, its only a couple inches off - for my purposes, its good enough for now.

Someone mentioned Bob's... I didn't think of that. I might take it over to them in the spring to see what they say. I might be due to replace the strings/cables anyway.

4 hours ago, Buck154 said:

You should not be gripping the bow at all. Open hand when you draw and then just relax the hand/grip. Wrist strap on the bow will make sure the bow won't fall. You have a wrist strap on there right?

Right - I try to just hold the bow in the V between thumb and finger... I don't wrap my fingers around it all the way.. just enough to hold it steady. Yeah, there's one of those little wrist "cords" on there.

3 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

but you may want to wait until after season.

That's exactly what I'm thinking - I'll just deal with it for now. I was just curious because the last time I went and practiced this week, I was hitting left _again_ and I remembered trying to fix it over the summer and never could.

Yes, I'm moving the sight "to the error" (moving the dots left) which should cause me to move the point of impact right.

I will take the suggestion about going over to  Bob's - maybe in the spring - because I think I might want to replace the string and cables anyway. I don't use the kisser, so wanna get rid of that, too.

Of course, in the end, it's all probably me just doing something like torquing the bow during the shot - but I'd rather like to think it's the arrow not the Indian ;) 

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Right - I try to just hold the bow in the V between thumb and finger... I don't wrap my fingers around it all the way.. just enough to hold it steady. Yeah, there's one of those little wrist "cords" on there.

For me to get the right grip on my bow without torque I have my fingers lightly wrapped around the grip with a little force. That’s my setup though not gonna be the same for everyone. Did you check to see if you’re torquing like I mentioned earlier? That’s going to tell you a lot right there, look up at your cam when at full draw. I never had a shop adjust my bow and my fixed blades shoot exactly like my field points so I’m not blowing smoke up your butt haha! 

My sis in law had the exact same issue. I stood directly behind her and said she is aiming left. She disagreed. I told her to look through other eye and bullseye. She was using dominate eye and didn't realize it. Try having someone stand behind you first to make sure you're lined up correctly. Then work on adjusting bow more.