IGNORED

Bird Seed ?

Mink

Hi guys, my wife has started a bird feeding station n our yard . Any recommended places and type of seed to purchase . She has been buying the seed at one of those Wild Bird Seed stores and it seems pretty expensive . Is having corn in the mix a negative? Thanks! 

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

Just at the house for watching. Any bird seed is good going into winter. I have 3 feeders out side our kitchen window. I get the cheapest seed i can get at Tractor Supply and now and then buy a big bag of just sun flower seeds. You can throw some corn out to for the bigger birds like Blue Jays and Doves. I also have a small feeder for the finches and you have to get the small seed for the finch feeder. Another thing I have is a 18" square board on top of a post that I pour seed on too. Nice to have a Suet block cage foe the wood peckers and Nuthacthes 

Like Buck154 I buy my seed at TS and use a lot year around so I buy the cheapest on on sale when available. I have a squirrel problem and finally solved it.

My feeders are mounted on 4" PVC pipe which the squirrels cannot negotiate. Just be sure its not near something they can climb and jump over from and at least 5' high.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.