IGNORED

Site Ad Problems (redirects, jumping around, etc)

Can one of you Android users try this:

Open Chrome and type Chrome://flags in the URL bar. Look for the flag named ‘Scroll Anchoring’ and enable it. Don’t leave it set to ‘Default’. Tap the drop-down under the flag and select enable. Relaunch Chrome….This will not speed up or slow down your browsing experience in way. Likewise, it is not going to impact how a page looks once it loads so if you have problems with elements flowing off screen, this isn’t the fix or the cause of it.

FWIW, Firefox has that Scroll Anchoring built in...along with other benefits

No more annoying page jumps with smoother scrolling

Do you ever find yourself immersed in an online article, then all of a sudden an image or ad loads from the top of the page and you lose your place. Images or ads load slower than the written content on a page, and without scroll anchoring in place, you’re left bouncing around the page. Today’s release features scroll anchoring. Now, the page remembers where you are so that you aren’t interrupted by slow loading images or ads.

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2019/03/19/todays-firefox-aims-to-reduce-your-online-annoyances/

4 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

FYI I added a small change to try and force the Scroll Anchoring for all users through CSS, but I'm not sure how well it works.  If @rgw and @3Blade don't see issues now (without having applied the change I recommended above), then I know the fix on my end probably worked.

Doesn't seem as jumpy but a couple of threads I clicked on opened halfway down the page.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Couldn't find scroll anchoring but found smooth scrolling and enabled that and going through chrome seems better and it also seems to have helped explorer. If it acts up again I will be sure to bother you again Thanks :nerd:

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

2 hours ago, 3Blade said:

Doesn't seem as jumpy but a couple of threads I clicked on opened halfway down the page.

Keep in mind this can happen on any topic you've previously visited.  The link click behavior is to automatically take you to where you left off (i.e. the last reply you read).