FowlHooked

Diver decoys

Hey guys,

Looking to add a few diver decoys to my puddle duck spread (6 to 12 max).  I mostly hunt puddle ducks on the rivers but was looking to add a couple divers to my spread for the occasional bay trip.  Any suggestions for a species or two to throw in the middle that would be most universal. (bluebills, cans, e.g.).  Thanks.  

• Like 1

I'll second the buffleheads.  Make sure there a little larger than real so they can be seen a ways off

• Like 1

7-8 broadbills, 3-4 buffies and I also painted a few oversized decoys to look like Brant. If you can carry more, then do so. Use a gang line for most of them. Eaiser to use. More is better with divers. Toss a couple of Blacks off to the side in case. 

• Like 1

Don't need to buy the newest latest and greatest. Kill bluebills over decoys older than I am. Usually 3-4 dozen max, dozen brant to the side. That's about it. Just be where they wanna be.

Ordered a dozen of the Avian X bluebills.  Dicks Sporting Goods was running a 25% off and free shipping this past weekend so got a pretty good deal I think.  

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 9:21 AM, FowlHooked said:

Hey guys,

Looking to add a few diver decoys to my puddle duck spread (6 to 12 max).  I mostly hunt puddle ducks on the rivers but was looking to add a couple divers to my spread for the occasional bay trip.  Any suggestions for a species or two to throw in the middle that would be most universal. (bluebills, cans, e.g.).  Thanks.  

GHG oversized buffies and get some bluebills