IGNORED

NJW&W 2013-14 DEER CONTEST CHECK STATION (enter your deer here)

Matty

WELCOME TO THE FIRST ANNUAL NJW&W DEER CONTEST!

LINK TO "SCORE BOARD"

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/2315-scoreboard-deer-contest/

RULES:

- All deer must be legally harvested NJ Deer.

- All entries must include a clear picture of You, the animal and the bow or firearm used to harvest the animal. 

- NJDFW confirmation # for each animal entered must also be provided.

- Closeup photos of points not clearly visible or of questionable length must be provided if needed. (Minimum point length is 1" measured from the base of the tine, where the main beam would cross through. Photo below.

Tine measurement.JPG

- Photos of the inside spread measurement will also be needed. #1 in the photo below.

g09483art02b.jpg

- Hunters may enter two (2) deer. Only one (1) may be antlered.

- Upgrades will be accepted during the season in which they were taken. Example. JJoe shoots a 6 pointer during fall bow. Then he shoots a 9 pointer during permit bow. He must enter the upgrade before the next season begins (permit muzzy or shotgun, winter bow, etc). Basically you just can't wait till the end to submit all your deer, they must be entered in a timely manner. (some leeway will be given)

- Does: 10 points each.

- Bucks:10 points, plus the number of points they have, plus their inside *spread credit.

*Spread credit will be broken into 3 groups: Group A will be 0-9", Group B 10-16" and Group C 17"+.    Group A will be worth 1 bonus point, Group B worth 3 points, Group C worth 6 points. (measurements will be rounded up or down from the half inch to the whole inch)
Example: Spread measurement is 16.5"....rounds up to 17".  16.4" rounds down to 16".

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

SAMPLE ENTRY

(PLEASE MAKE ALL ENTRIES JUST LIKE THIS)

Team 2

SilverHawk94

Buck

confirmation # 12345678910

Inside Spread Credit Group: C (22")

TOTAL: 23 points

*Why this entry would be worth 23 points: 10 points for buck, 7 points for number of tines and 6 points for spread credit group C.

andysbuck18.jpg

(this would also need a picture of the spread measurement as well as a picture of the 1" sticker point) Unfortunately I don't have those pictures.

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Bump for entries. I know at least Sykk Physh has already killed twice!

Yeah Matty I just don't have myself in the pictures.. I have Sonia in one of mine and a picture from the tree on on opener.. I list the entries in a minute .. Fighting my migraines .. Crippling me to the floor ..

Capt. Joe G

Sykk Physh Sportfishing

(732) 239 1404

www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com

www.jpgcharters.com

Updated scoreboard. Congrats guys!

Updated Scoreboard! Congrats!

Team 9 off to a great start!