IGNORED

Cape May restaurants?

3Blade

I've been to most of the restaurants mentioned above and all are good.  Also consider the Blue Pig in Congress Hall, which is also a refurbished 20's era hotel with two bars (the Brown Room and the Boiler Room), a pool and is located across the street from the beach.  There's also Frescos, 410 Bank Street and Geckos.  Have fun!

Just had lobster rolls for

Lunch at Quincys rigjt across from the convention center in the little strip mall, they were excellent! Better then anything I've ever had at the Lobster House, I also felt LH was always overrated.

The lobster house is way over rated. The food is good, but not great. Everyone always raves about the place, but I really don't see why. I get the nostalgia and the atmosphere, but I never eat there. I'll buy local scallops and oysters from their market, take them back to my rental and cook them myself. This year I did some grilled oysters with homemade bacon and red onion jam and some grilled tequila, lime and basil scallops. 3 doz oysters and 3lbs of scallops.

Enjoy Fredas.. we didnt make it there when we were down in June. I think we are going back in december. I'm not sure if they are open then though

Edited by not on the rug

The lobster house is way over rated. The food is good, but not great. Everyone always raves about the place, but I really don't see why. I get the nostalgia and the atmosphere, but I never eat there. I'll buy local scallops and oysters from their market, take them back to my rental and cook them myself. This year I did some grilled oysters with homemade bacon and red onion jam and some grilled tequila, lime and basil scallops. 3 doz oysters and 3lbs of scallops.

Enjoy Fredas.. we didnt make it there when we were down in June. I think we are going back in december. I'm not sure if they are open then though

Last time I was there I had broiled seafood combo and it was no good. Overcooked piece of unrecognizable square fish filet, overcooked shrimp, tasteless scallops and saggy baked potato. Then if you want to get a beer there is a separate long line to a bar that looks like it belongs at some county fair, Its a tourist attraction and they don't have to be good, they make money from relentless traffic,  

Last time I was there I had broiled seafood combo and it was no good. Overcooked piece of unrecognizable square fish filet, overcooked shrimp, tasteless scallops and saggy baked potato. Then if you want to get a beer there is a separate long line to a bar that looks like it belongs at some county fair, Its a tourist attraction and they don't have to be good, they make money from relentless traffic,

Sounds about right. They have phenomenal product to work with though, which is why I buy it raw and cook it myself.

To say they make money is an understatement...they employ over 400 people (many are seasonal) and between the restaurant, raw bar, market and commercial fishery (shipping scallops and oysters all over the east coast) they do $35+ million annually...

Sounds about right. They have phenomenal product to work with though, which is why I buy it raw and cook it myself.

To say they make money is an understatement...they employ over 400 people (many are seasonal) and between the restaurant, raw bar, market and commercial fishery (shipping scallops and oysters all over the east coast) they do $35+ million annually...

Keith also bought the old mayers bar behind Tonys pizza.There in the process of renovating it.That place used to have the best scallops around and there supposedly gonna do that menu.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Keith also bought the old mayers bar behind Tonys pizza.There in the process of renovating it.That place used to have the best scallops around and there supposedly gonna do that menu.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting to see how that turns out.

CM has a few people that are just snatching up every corner of the restaurant scene down there. I'm not surprised to see him expanding.

Lucas Manteca started with The Red Store and now has The Little Store and the Taco Shop over by the airport.

The Karapaniyotis brothers are another one...Georges, YB, Shamone, catering, the other place they had that closed, the storefront on washington street which also closed.

I need to get in to that market and start snatching places up. Maybe a B+B or 2. Anyone have a spare few million bucks I can borrow?

Interesting to see how that turns out.

CM has a few people that are just snatching up every corner of the restaurant scene down there. I'm not surprised to see him expanding.

Lucas Manteca started with The Red Store and now has The Little Store and the Taco Shop over by the airport.

The Karapaniyotis brothers are another one...Georges, YB, Shamone, catering, the other place they had that closed, the storefront on washington street which also closed.

I need to get in to that market and start snatching places up. Maybe a B+B or 2. Anyone have a spare few million bucks I can borrow?

B&B is a hard life. I know a guy who went this route and despite the profits he is miserable.