IGNORED

7/21/17 - 2017-2018 Deer Regulation Sets

Generally, I'm not one to agree for the government to raise fees, or taxes, or tolls, or whatever (politicians feel its all too easy to pick our pockets - that goes for many of our current Republicans as well as Democrats!)... however on this one, I think I do agree with that. I think its ridiculous to pay $26 for a buck tag for each season/weapon. I'm OK with charging $40 and just say, "this buck tag is good regardless of season or weapon". Now you don't have to worry about taking a muzzy or shotgun out late in the year and have to worry about spending another 26 in addition to that 26 buck tag you bought for permit bow.

Yeah, the state is losing 12 bucks (if you bought the two it would have been 52 rather than 40) but IMO they would actually make money because I'm not that sure they are getting a lot of people buying buck tags for bow and shotgun (and I would guess there aren't a whole lot of people buying a third for muzzy too). So for those guys that buy just one, you are making them pay an extra 14 dollars - but at least now it frees them up allowing them to getting out more. If $50 helps the numbers work better, I'm OK with that - but max of $50 IMO.

I dunno - I just hate the fact that buck tags burn so easy with the stupid rules. Just raise the price and let us hunt a buck all year with any weapon with that one tag. How many buck tags should they let you have per year - who knows? 2? 3?

The one problem I see with this is when a guy (or gal) bags a buck, are they going to be willing to pay out another 40 (or 50) for a second one? This might lower the harvest numbers, which is probably NOT what the DFW really wants (certainly not down here in these unlimited doe zones).

It is hard to come up with what a buck tag would have to cost under this two buck system. I think it would be way north of 50 because you would have to compensate the purchase of six tags and then most likely for the permits guys wouldn't buy for subsequent seasons because of tagging out early. How many guys would buy permit bow, permit Muzzy, permit shotgun and winter bow after tagging out in October or November.

But I actually would not have a problem with a 2 or 3 buck season

Edited by Lunatic