IGNORED

42,000 Trout for The Lower Raritan ?

Mink

Lots of strange stuff here.  They have released surplus trout in many different waters over the years including as I mentioned earlier the Hackettstown hatchery ponds, but they have never before that I recall issued a press release about it.  And where they put them also makes my scratch my head a bit.  Why not the P-Kill, Pequest, Musky, etc.?  

You must know someone there how about asking why? Before they Blame Trump  ;)

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Even The Paterson Falls would have been an option. not the best but still an option The one photo shows the area where the Bucket sitters fish from, but in one from today show some work to the Beach Edge our Federal Dollars at work  :happywave:

Wonder what the are fishing for Carp - Suckers - Catfish - maybe waiting for the Salmon Run  :hmmmer:

The bass fishing is excellent there but I would never go there alone day or night the last time I was there was three years ago and crack heads were drinking at 6 am and smoking blunts one of them kept calling my buddy YO vanilla pudding  He was scared to death lol. I told him relax man they are joking and told him don't worry there is four of us fishing and only two of them 90 pounds combined lol The entire ride home all we heard was I ain't never going back there get me back to Sussex county fast lol And of course to this day we call him vanilla pudding he hates it but we cant help ourselves lol

The bass fishing is excellent there but I would never go there alone day or night the last time I was there was three years ago and crack heads were drinking at 6 am and smoking blunts one of them kept calling my buddy YO vanilla pudding  He was scared to death lol. I told him relax man they are joking and told him don't worry there is four of us fishing and only two of them 90 pounds combined lol The entire ride home all we heard was I ain't never going back there get me back to Sussex county fast lol And of course to this day we call him vanilla pudding he hates it but we cant help ourselves lol

You have to fit in when U go there By carrying a 5 gal bucket Boat Pole Shopping Bag? sunglasses even on a sunny day. hat backward or off to the side baggie pants half mast.  walk with attitude. just like in The Seaside or Asbury Park dam where can one go in Nj that's Family Friendly. :ninja:   :smoking:  :focus:  Sorry about that.  :fishing:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have been observing this post for a while now and I feel it is time for me to comment. I have gotten away from this site because like the other one it is a bunch of arm chair biologists. I am one of maybe 1t anglers that have been catching big browns for the past 3 years out of the lower river from South Bound Brook to Johnson Park. The first 2 years the fishing was crazy good and these trout were available in great numbers. Fast forward to the present and you have to work your ass off for them which I understand isn't a priority for the power bait slingers of NJ . There are still catchable numbers of big fish in this 4 mile run that now range in the 24" range. I work for the city of NB so this water is very convenient to fish. I have been providing the division pictures of these fish since the initial stocking in 14. This is not the first year that the division has dumped these surplus fingerling fish. They can not be stocked just anywhere. They would kill any stream with a naturally reproducing trout population. These fish were stocked into brackish water and do offer the possibility of becoming sea run. As a matter of fact they will most likely seek the cooler water farther into the tidal zone. It is a great section of river that is grossly under fished. Any given day this stretch can produce trophy hold over trout from upstream stockings, walleye, musky, and some of the nicest small mouths in NJ. The spring time sees great runs of stripers and in recent years it is getting more and more shad. It is my guess that 99.9% percent of the people posting on here have never fished this section of river. Just my two cents. Not looking for an argument nor will I give one. I spend 6 months out of the year catching 16 pound browns and Salmon in Lake Ontario so I have nothing to prove. Brian aka Bucks and Bows is hands down the most knowledgeable trout enthusiast on this page. He and many others can vouch for my character and truthfulness.I am vet appreciative for the divisions efforts and there willingness to think outside the box. This state has some of the best trout fishing available year round that can be found anywhere in the north east. Anyone who needs picture proof can pm me. I am not gonna spot burn holes that produce these fish. God gave you legs and a set of lungs. Venture more then 10 feet from the trout stocking sign and see what you find. You might be surprised.