IGNORED

Fluke Boats Making Switch

1957Buck

Star-Ledger Al Fishstory  we all know him  :down:  Sherry Berry. well he mentioned some Head Boats Canceling Fluke trips and switching to Ling and Seabass :confused:   did not mention why $$$$ for 3 fish.  Might be the trend or not. Also read about 50lbs caught off Seaside offshore. 

My favorite overused quote from Al Fishstory is "c'mon down it's limits for all".  I would go the next day and it was, "you should have been here yesterday".

(Mistake) did you mean The Misstake Great boat The one I could not remember was The Capt. Charly his son ran the Supper Cat Fast but too high off the water think he finally sold it to Woods Hole Mass Research. Those were the days of $8. bottom fishing $10 blue fish chumming $9 Jigging. A lot of those boats were War surplus.

owned a home fuel business and one great Fishfinder. since all the electronics of today did not exist.

They all used CB radios and had codes for locations to mislead the Small boat fleet that chased them. Then came VHS and now Cell Phone and Satellite.

We had a group of 5 boats that passed info by codes but when it got crowded our last boat to arrive would dump a Giant Bag of Pop Corn some 1/2 mile away the Seagulls went nuts and the fleet went running. :popcorn:

Yes Misstake - missed the 2nd "S" while texting.

I miss that boat!! Good times and great memories!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You left out the Freddy C.

Freddy C was the biggest odd man of the all. One time I anchored in what he believed was his spot so when he cam in he passed me within 10 feet. When I was done fishing I went over to where he was anchored and I circled his boat for at least 5 to 10 minutes as he and everyone on the boat was ready to killed me. Before this incident I fished on his boat twice. Both time mates were fishing instead of helping costumers. The 2nd trip no one ever collected any money from anyone and the cap didn't realize it until 80% of people were already in their cars. I believe every working hand on this boat, including the cap, was high or drunk 100% of the time

BTW it looks like all party boats in Atlantic Highland are fluking

The article I got that from is From The Star-ledger Fishing reports posted By Fishstory if you go there it is still there in his posts'  :up:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

The article I got that from is From The Star-ledger Fishing reports posted By Fishstory if you go there it is still there in his posts'  :up:

I didn't read the article. I drove by the AH marina and I saw the signs in front of every single boat about fluke fishing.

I wouldn't be surprised the boats switching were from places like Shark River where they are closer to S. rocks where sea bass fishing is good.

I didn't read the article. I drove by the AH marina and I saw the signs in front of every single boat about fluke fishing.

I wouldn't be surprised the boats switching were from places like Shark River where they are closer to S. rocks where sea bass fishing is good.

Nope, it was AH that was mentioned The signs on the boats are somewhat permanent and the switch maybe Temporary.

I have shown up to fish my Favorit Boat Once was The Fisherman only to be told going for a different fish. That are doing better. 

Nope, it was AH that was mentioned The signs on the boats are somewhat permanent and the switch maybe Temporary.

I have shown up to fish my Favorit Boat Once was The Fisherman only to be told going for a different fish. That are doing better. 

Ok, very possible, regardless of what they advertise.

165543939.1QiZt9oi.jpg

went to Stare Ledger Fishstorys post found it corrected. Now says Angler and Fisherman did some switching around Fri- Sat from Fluke to  Ling and Seabass but will run regular Fluke after That. do not know how to Cut and Paste or would do it. 

Freddy C was the biggest odd man of the all. One time I anchored in what he believed was his spot so when he cam in he passed me within 10 feet. When I was done fishing I went over to where he was anchored and I circled his boat for at least 5 to 10 minutes as he and everyone on the boat was ready to killed me. Before this incident I fished on his boat twice. Both time mates were fishing instead of helping costumers. The 2nd trip no one ever collected any money from anyone and the cap didn't realize it until 80% of people were already in their cars. I believe every working hand on this boat, including the cap, was high or drunk 100% of the time

I fished on that boat a hell of a lot more times than "twice" and NEVER felt that Freddy (God rest his sole) or any of the mates had ANYTHING to do with drugs or drank during working hours. I think your last post told us more about you than about the people you tried to slander.

I fished on that boat a hell of a lot more times than "twice" and NEVER felt that Freddy (God rest his sole) or any of the mates had ANYTHING to do with drugs or drank during working hours. I think your last post told us more about you than about the people you tried to slander.

I am happy you had good experience and shared it with us.

I didn't have the same experience and in fact the idiot owning the boat almost sunk my boat because he believed the ocean was his.

Edited by Lunatic

Lunatic Big boats versus Small boats Seen it been a Victim right in your back yard.  :rant:

some years ago was Kayaking in Keyport Trolling with 3 others NOT in any Channel we were around the Sailboat mornings.   when the water taxi from the Club decided to change course and almost sideswipe us with his wake. he said he had the right of way  :down:   Long story short 2 of us took pictures of him on top of us Phoned NJ Marine State Police who showed up at the ramp by car, not Boat he took our statements.The Club President showed up guess his Boat Capt. told him what happened and he came to find us not expecting the Cops. Seems this so called Capt. is a Licenced Capt. who would lose his Lic. The begging went on for 1/2 hour but the Trouper said it was not our decision on his fate. But it was settled $ with everyone being Happy. with the Capt. on Probation.

with today's Cell phones taking Videos The AHs are caught. 

Lunatic Big boats versus Small boats Seen it been a Victim right in your back yard.  :rant:

some years ago was Kayaking in Keyport Trolling with 3 others NOT in any Channel we were around the Sailboat mornings.   when the water taxi from the Club decided to change course and almost sideswipe us with his wake. he said he had the right of way  :down:   Long story short 2 of us took pictures of him on top of us Phoned NJ Marine State Police who showed up at the ramp by car, not Boat he took our statements.The Club President showed up guess his Boat Capt. told him what happened and he came to find us not expecting the Cops. Seems this so called Capt. is a Licenced Capt. who would lose his Lic. The begging went on for 1/2 hour but the Trouper said it was not our decision on his fate. But it was settled $ with everyone being Happy. with the Capt. on Probation.

with today's Cell phones taking Videos The AHs are caught. 

That's the way to handle it! :up:

Well FC had a reputation for doing what he did to me and there are many stories like mine. Of course this was all before everyone had a cell phone to record it so he got away with it.