IGNORED

Turkey/ moth problem suggestions

cecil973

Yesterday went to Jay's to pick up my VA. Turkey turned out great I like putting the VA. License right there in the middle seeing that it has dgif seal on it and Jay did great work on it.

Also spoke with Jay told him I had moths coming out of a turkey I got last year he told me to bug bomb and bag the bird which I did now I'm just wondering what you guys do to prevent infestation on mounts that are fine guess I gotta start doing some preventive maintenance I have a buck, a hog, and this new turkey that I'd be very pissed if they got messed up thanks guys.1494167413349.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Chasing the deer that eat your bushes since 2012

Why not just listen to Jay his knowledge and experiences are better than someone's home remedy. This has been posted about deer mounts a week or so ago and jay gave the answer and product to treat this. 

My dust Collector is from 1975 never a problem It was done in a process for a museum mount. Long story!

3 other Deer Mount Dust collectors done locally have long been gone. And the Antlers in a Drawer Would I do it again  :down:

Been looking for a proper home for 2 years with no takers 

Post Photo.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Just gotta make sure you remove all meat and DEGREASE, DEGREASE, DEGREASE!  Tail fans, legs (spurs) and beards that are killed one week and hung in your house the next are an invitation for ants, bugs and anything else that will be attracted to the grease.  After removing all the meat and as much fat as possible I do a thorough washing in hot water a DAWN (which is a degreaser) then I dry with a hair dryer.  Fan it out pin it down and use dry preserve.  Put fresh dry preserve on it every week or so.   

Why not just listen to Jay his knowledge and experiences are better than someone's home remedy. This has been posted about deer mounts a week or so ago and jay gave the answer and product to treat this.

My dust Collector is from 1975 never a problem It was done in a process for a museum mount. Long story!

3 other Deer Mount Dust collectors done locally have long been gone. And the Antlers in a Drawer Would I do it again :down:

Been looking for a proper home for 2 years with no takers

I did do what Jay suggested and hopefully it works the mount is in a bag that I bug bombed right now. I was just wondering if anyone does any preventive work or use a product before they have issues.

That Turkey fan came out awesome. Jay gave you good advise on bug bomb that should take care of your moths . I had a friend with around 20 mounts some 25 yrs old .he notice a few moths so he bomb them 3years ago no problem seen.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Those moths love feathers... like i mentioned, get it away from your other mounts asap. Keep an eye out too, maybe bug bomb the room cause they may be in your deer mount too..

Disclaimer : I didn't mount the bird with bugs lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Preventative:

http://www.mckenziesp.com/PRO12-P24406.aspx

Helps kill bigs, but not sure if safe on feathers.. gotta call and ask..

http://www.mckenziesp.com/QRTU-P24399.aspx

Thanks again Jay for the help ordering that stuff now

Preventative:

http://www.mckenziesp.com/PRO12-P24406.aspx

Helps kill bigs, but not sure if safe on feathers.. gotta call and ask..

http://www.mckenziesp.com/QRTU-P24399.aspx

Thanks again Jay for the help ordering that stuff now and sorry I should of said you didn't do the buggy mount

Those moths love feathers... like i mentioned, get it away from your other mounts asap. Keep an eye out too, maybe bug bomb the room cause they may be in your deer mount too..

Disclaimer : I didn't mount the bird with bugs lol

Thanks again Jay for the help ordering that stuff now and sorry I should of said you didn't do the buggy mount

Jay, you doing Bugs Now  ;)

The bug mount is for real for the hunter who has to have it all

image_zpsc8dd30a4.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Jay, you doing Bugs Now ;)

The bug mount is for real for the hunter who has to have it all

Talk about "mounting everything you kill" hahahaa

Borax from the very start

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."