IGNORED

Andover junction brook

That brook sucks.

You guys can have it

So tiny you can't even cast across it..

You can see the fish, but they can see you. There's not enough current to move your bait past them, you're forced to cast right on top of them and they just swim away from it.

I'm no pro trout fisherman, but this kind of fishing is not fun. I prefer wide rivers with current and when you can't see the fish

attachicon.gif20170418_110922.jpgattachicon.gif20170418_110833.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is why you take up activities like bow fishing.  No current, you're on top of them, you can see them.  Thwack!  They have a date with a frying pan.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

This is why you take up activities like bow fishing. No current, you're on top of them, you can see them. Thwack! They have a date with a frying pan.

I used to bow fish a lot in Passaic river (clifton/garfield) but now you're just asking for a headache with the police down there. Shot a lot of carp and shad in my day. (12-20 years ago)

Went back at 4pm.. wouldn't hit bait, but impossible to toss a spinner.

I moved a small log to make it barely possible and caught 2 in a row..

Guys must have been watching eith binoculars, Next thing I know I can't cast my spinner due to the new company I had at my side.

We took turns casting, but he was spooking the fish casting right on top of them . Sucks. I left. Gonna try another spot down stream.

20170418_164525.jpg

Went back at 4pm.. wouldn't hit bait, but impossible to toss a spinner.

I moved a small log to make it barely possible and caught 2 in a row..

Guys must have been watching eith binoculars, Next thing I know I can't cast my spinner due to the new company I had at my side.

We took turns casting, but he was spooking the fish casting right on top of them . Sucks. I left. Gonna try another spot down stream.

attachicon.gif20170418_164525.jpg

Very possible they saw this post and followed you to the hole..... :rofl:  

That blows actually...The entire stretch and guys are right on top of you. Not cool....

I think I'll go now to andover for an hour or so (maybe miss the after work crowd).

Thanks for the invite, but musky is a tad far for me today. I live close to Andover now, and I gotta work today, wouldn't make it in time. Friday evening I plan on fishing blairstown area.. paulinskill or pequest .. join me if you are free..

That brook sucks.

You guys can have it

Hey you only asked where it was, not how big or fun it is to fish. lol Sounds like you want more like the Flatbrook or Musky experience.

I'd join you Friday but I'll be roosting turkeys for my young cousins last youth day.

I made it over to the Musky again. Stuck to the fly rod today and ended up catching two decent rainbows. Those were my first stocked fish on flies, everything else has been wild browns. I also found a nice walleye just sitting in slack water about 400 yards downstream of the dam. About an 8lber. Guess it washed over from Hopatcong. 

Also met a super nice guy named Joe, he and I were the only ones fly fishing there...So we got to talking. I got to witness him break off and then re-catch and land a very fat 19" rainbow on his fly rod. He fought it for a few minutes on his 3wt. He also gave me some pointers and flies. Real nice guy....My second fish was because of what he showed me. My first was on a flashback gold ribbed hares ear. 

Glad you found a place to fish and had good luck.

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Matty breaking out the fly rod and releasing trout?  I don't want to say it but I will..." I told ya so"...I knew you'd enjoy fly fishing. Its damn addicting.

I just texted Dan and he is insisting you come up to the Catskills with us. I don't think you'll be going home after that. Big wild trout, turkeys, bear and deer(well some deer) with miles upon miles of public land. Yup...i just made the decision for you. You're coming up.  :happywave: