IGNORED

Animals eating a deer pictures.

This deer was hit by a car. My dad dragged it into the woods and set 2 cameras on it. There were over 500 pictures of animals. Vultures, hawks, cats, foxes, skunks, opposums, coyote and some deer. One deer was a big buck, you can see the antlers on the bottom of the picture.

scan0006.jpgscan0007.jpgscan0008.jpgscan0009.jpgscan0010.jpgscan0011.jpgscan0012.jpg

That's really cool! Always neat to see the variety of animals that show up to a carcass. Interesting that deer often show up to carcasses too. I have to think they get a whiff of deer scent and have to investigate.

Every time I hang a deer in my yard or have one in my truck sitting in the driveway, deer will come out of the woods from downwind to investigate it. They smell these deer and sometimes just deer skins without a doubt.

Couple times I've left foxes outside to thaw for skinning or such....and whenever I do that, I've had foxes come in to investigate.

None of these animals are regular visitors to my yard, so to me that just shows how amazing their noses are and how curious they are of other animals.

Thanks for sharing the "cycle of life".

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

What's up with the oranges? What else is dumped in that area? Any corn? Could explain the buck.

Awesome Pix!!! How long did it take the animals to completely finish off both deer?

The first 2 wks there wasnt much action. It warmed up a few days and thats when it became very active. Skin and bones in less the 2 weeks.