IGNORED

Oil furnace mechanic needed

NJREALTOR

We had oil heat for 18 of our 19 plus years here before switching to gas. Some of our oil burner service guys told us we needed to replace our burner as far back as 15 years ago. Don't believe them. The ones that are honest tell you there is no way to know when your burner will die until you find water on the basement floor. We made the switch to gas to save money, but our original oil burner was still going strong at 30 years of age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The unit may be 25 years old. It is situated on top of the office in a service station. (Horizontal unit). My tenant didn't want to use it because it was very inefficient. (High ceiling and 4 bays). None the less, my insurance company does not want space heaters, so we're trying to get this unit fired up after a few years. Also, oil tank was pulled, and we will need to install an above ground one. (if the unit is functional) We are selling the place, so I don't want to install new if I can avoid.

Thanks all.

You can find above ground oil tanks on craigslist for free, Make sure you add a filter on the intake side copper line. Not hard to install copper lines with a small pipe cutter,flange tool, and some 3/8th compression fittings. Use 3/8 copper tubing for in take line to furnace and out take line back to the tank. In take connects to bottom of oil tank near shut off and out take line connect to top of oil tank.

Edited by Howell boy

Something Missing

In my town, 2 permits would be needed Zoning and Building maybe even Plumbing. 

I went thru hell about widening my 18 ft walk to front stoop from the driveway as when the stoop was inspected I needed a zoning permit and approval since I made the walk 1 foot wider. Bloodsuckers :down:

So look into what and if you need any. JMO

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif