IGNORED

New addiditon to the fam

Shootstraight

Awesome gun, Will!  I love my 629 stainless 44.  If you get close enough to the hog when you shoot, the fire coming out the end of the barrel will cook some pork for you  :)

What optics did you go with?  I've been considering adding a red dot type sight for a long time, but have never pulled that trigger.

The 44mag is very accurate.

"Sportsmen," have been seen "over the river" wielding Sporting arms.

Reviews have been negative on using electronic sights on a heavy hitter like the 44.

Sw rings/rail, Nikon scope is capable of 6" group at 100yds.

Good luck in your quest!

That is a sweet looking gun, good luck and have fun with it. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Awesome gun, Will!  I love my 629 stainless 44.  If you get close enough to the hog when you shoot, the fire coming out the end of the barrel will cook some pork for you  :)

What optics did you go with?  I've been considering adding a red dot type sight for a long time, but have never pulled that trigger.

The 44mag is very accurate.

"Sportsmen," have been seen "over the river" wielding Sporting arms.

Reviews have been negative on using electronic sights on a heavy hitter like the 44.

Sw rings/rail, Nikon scope is capable of 6" group at 100yds.

Good luck in your quest!

20161128_105232.jpg

What optics did you go with?

Brian, I am going to try the red dot that came with the gun from Smith and Wesson. If it does not cut it, I might look at sigs red dot that have great reviews. But hoping this red dot holds up as it was not a cheap gun and spending more $$ on another red dot might place a red dot on my back with my lovely wife :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  I will advise how I make out and if the red dot hold up to the recoil but I think it will.

SS!