IGNORED

Cut treestand.....Wow just crazy!!!!

Kilbo

It was definitely cut because the arm rest curving down towards the ladder was cut above the platform. Who ever did it didn't want the stand to be able to be used again.

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.

I've had sabotage done on a stand I hung in PA. In set up an API lock on at 3 :00pm on a Friday and went to hunt it 5:30 the next morning. The latch that secures the strap was open and the lock pin was missing. I didn't see it in the dark and wasn't expecting anything to be wrong. I had one foot on the ladder step and put the other foot on the stand, which spun around the tree from being loose. It was a simple fix but it was definitely tampered with.

I am pretty sure it was a neighbor who bitched about us shooting does and walking in to our stands too late to suit him.

I've used a climber on that piece ever since then, about 15 years.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

Someone will chime in and say that it is the internet that makes us more aware of these problems today. As a hunter for the past 45 years I can't ever remember seeing some of the things I see today. The problem to me is that hunting today is not what it was then. It seems respect has left the building and sportsmanship be damned.

Someone will chime in and say that it is the internet that makes us more aware of these problems today. As a hunter for the past 45 years I can't ever remember seeing some of the things I see today. The problem to me is that hunting today is not what it was then. It seems respect has left the building and sportsmanship be damned.

I couldn't agree more. If it was like this when I started in 1967 I probably wouldn't have gotten interested. Is it any wonder the numbers of kids starting to hunt is dropping?

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

You are absolutely right!!! :up:

Also a lack of huntable land coupled with to many hunters leave many without a place to go.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Also a lack of huntable land coupled with to many hunters leave many without a place to go.

Stealing from some one to sustain life is understandable to a point. Stealing because you are greedy, jealous, or an idiot is not justifiable

Sabotaging a treestand that could cause severe injury or death is completely unforgivable and is premeditated.

In my opinion, it is not a matter of competing for resources that causes this. I don't think that a lot of hunters depend on shooting deer to feed their families throughout the year.

I think it about competition but not competition for food its competition for ground. I have said it before and I will say it again. " It's not about the equipment its about the spot". I think in most theft cases its other hunters and its not because they need the equipment ( you can buy a half way decent stand for $40) What they need is you out of the spot and the use theft as an intimadation factor so you get frustrated and leave.

F&W should take these thefts more seriously because one of these days one of these situations is going to turn real ugly.

I think it about competition but not competition for food its competition for ground. I have said it before and I will say it again. " It's not about the equipment its about the spot". I think in most theft cases its other hunters and its not because they need the equipment ( you can buy a half way decent stand for $40) What they need is you out of the spot and the use theft as an intimadation factor so you get frustrated and leave.

That is what I was talking about: the spot where there are deer because they aren't just everywhere around here like some parts of the state.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

This is part of the reason why I chose to buy a climber rather than a hanger/ladder and gambling with the chance of injury. I couldn't imagine having a family member or friend use it one day only to fall and injure themselves.

The person(s) responsible for the damages and potential injury should be banned from hunting, if caught!

"Nothin makes a dad happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes" - Willie Robertson

Man you've got no idea, whenever I get to my stand I'm suprised if its not bend or sawed to shreds. It's really a shame that some NJ hunters have turned to vandalizing other hunters' stands to get them out of the "competition." Most of us are good people but there's always those few that have to ruin it for others!