IGNORED

I cant get to the site from my phone

tcook8296

I'm not sure how much data you guys use, but came across this article on how AT&T apparently throttles user's connectivity in "congested areas".

They apparently used to have a limit once you reached certain data usage where you'd get throttled on 4G LTE, but now it's been "revised" to just "congested areas".

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/05/06/att-unlimited-data-plan-throttling/

I'm on Verizon Wireless and have no issues whatsoever.

I also am not sure what other hidden policies AT&T might have.

Obviously December is a busy month for hunting and therefore data usage on their phones, I'd be curious to see if you AT&T users see a difference comes January 1st when everything gets "reset" on the month.

That would definitely tell you AT&T is doing something with user's connections based on their data usage.

Also came across this site which shows AT&T outages, comments, etc. This probably applies to everything AT&T though.

http://downdetector.com/status/att

And finally I did some searching on AT&T's website and came across these threads, but not much in the way of answers:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Issues-loading-website/m-p/4183410#M65832

https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/Some-websites-load-but-most-do-not/m-p/4014086#M214553

At this point I'm not sure what the heck is going on with AT&T over their cellular network. I'll keep digging around.

I also have AT&T and suspect that there is an issue on their cellular network.

It should work on WiFi.  Try putting your phone into Airplane mode, which shuts off all wireless network, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on.  That might resolve the issue.

Does your AT&T cellular work and load the site fine on your phone's browser?

Well this is an eye opener! Just ran tests on my phone (Verizon LTE) and my girlfriends (AT&T LTE).

I can't say it's definitely not a speed issue. AT&T is almost 4 times as fast! Her phone has the same issue as you guys. Partial page displays or cannot connect.

Same server. Same ping. Very different download and upload speeds! :eek:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451189994.038473.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451190002.920349.jpg

I'm  thinking this happened after one of the upgrades?

Yeah man i dread doing up grades.. For me it usually results in a down grade cause n0thing works right after i down load.. I just did an up grade this morning and i'm still working out all the bugs.. :banghead:

:D

Well this is an eye opener! Just ran tests on my phone (Verizon LTE) and my girlfriends (AT&T LTE).

I can't say it's definitely not a speed issue. AT&T is almost 4 times as fast! Her phone has the same issue as you guys. Partial page displays or cannot connect.

Yes that's my problem

I just tested my gf's AT&T device against a mobile skin for the site (very small footprint, no images, just text) and it can't even bring that up on AT&T LTE.

So that tells me it isn't even a download speed or necessarily a data issue since that data footprint is very small.

There has to be some kind of routing issue with AT&T LTE cellular...that's the only thing I can think of.

Again, I'll keep digging but not sure if I can help with this particular issue as it appears to be outside of the site.

OK might have a possible fix, at least for iPhones!

My gf didn't update her cellular network when she was last prompted to.

On AT&T this appears to be a manual update step, whereas with Verizon they literally just do it even if you're in the middle of a phone call (no kidding, happened to me while talking with BowTechExperience, literally shut my phone down to reboot it for the update)

We got the prompt for the update with her phone by going to Settings >> About and the screenshot below came up.

Hopefully that's the issue for some/all of you, but it definitely fixed it for her. We've been messing with her phone for a couple hours now and now she can get the full site loaded on her iPhone via AT&T LTE! :up:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451197909.810141.jpg

I can't say I've ever had problems with either phone (older Droid and now IPhone 6S) accessing this site.  I'm with Verizon.  Lately I've been using Tapatalk.  I'm not sure I'm a huge Tapatalk fan, but I'm still kicking the tires on it.  

Edited by Bucksnbows

Ok . I did the software update on my phone and I can now get to the site. Thanks for your help. 

On my AT&T Galaxy S5, go to settings, under system go to "about device" and select software update 

Awesome!  Glad that was it.  Probably some cellular network updates in there that impacted accessibility to certain site locations (although this server is literally in NJ, so that's really odd).

Hopefully it works for the other AT&T users that are having trouble! :up:

I can't say I've ever had problems with either phone (older Droid and now IPhone 6S) accessing this site.  I'm with Verizon.  Lately I've been using Tapatalk.  I'm not sure I'm a huge Tapatalk fan, but I'm still kicking the tires on it.  

Tapatalk is a great forum browser.  The problem is you can't see the rest of the site through it like the countdown timers, the featured content, the mapping tools, etc.  I use both myself.

This has been happening to me the past several days on my s6 edge with at&t.I get on fine when I'm in range of my home WiFi or truck WiFi but the second I'm out of range tapatalk can't get me on this site.It worked fine before and I have 10 other forums I use through tapatalk and this site is the only one it happens too.it sucks.i can't get on in my stand.looks like I'm gonna have to park my truck under the tree for wifi.