IGNORED

Fort dixx

Codaboy

I used to be a member of the club. Great hunting opportunities there. It is really a chess game as it is a bit more crowded now. But if you can think outside the box, there are enough really nice bucks out there. The muzzle season was my thing. Lots of guys bait....lots of guys put a stand right next to yours. All these things can be used to your advantage. I had a couple of guys come into a spot I had scouted. I knew where the deer liked to go, bed, etc. These guys always parked in the same spot. The deer up there are not easily spooked by what they consider normal. Loud explosions, tanks or soldiers walking. I gave up my stand and set up a ground blind on an escape route. Got there real early. Said guys get there...make all sorts of noise and head into the woods. This was an afternoon hunt. So they move in and I hear the deer moving towards me. Bunch of does and a small buck. The buck kept looking back so I waited. Nice 8 pt comes out....boom....dead deer. Moral of the story is use you head. There are also good stalking opportunities late in the season.

If you bunt there, dont mark anything, go in and out with a portable. Forget about a camera. Anything gear left  behind 

Will not  be there when you get back. All my stuff was stolen in there. Have to love fellow bunters. 

Tjere are some  nice ones in the impact area and sometimes they come out chasing does

www.liftxrentals.com