BowhunterNJ

2013-2014 NJW&W Member Pics from Stand/Blind

Rubs are in a 20 foot circle, that has been a rubbing area near my stand for the last three years.

Each season it seems to get pounded a little harder, I get tempted to hunt it little closer, have been setting my ambush in hopes of intercepting the buck on the way in.

Lately I'm convinced the action is all nocturnal.

My view from my blind 01/29/2014, 5:05 pm, blew apart her heart and dropped her where she stood . . . what a GREAT view !!!

20140129Doe.jpg

Edited by Ms Grit
  • Agree 6

dropped her where she stood . .

that's awesome nuth'n better than no trail'n  ! congrats

• Agree 1

This post is a great idea.  Love to see what other hunters are seeing in the field.

I've had owls and hawks land within arms reach while on stand.  Amazing experience!

These two shots are from the 2014 season.  

The tree frog jumped onto my backpack that was hanging next to me in a tree stand during fall bow.

The young buck walked within ten yards of my blind during shotgun.  I see you!

post-656-0-05660600-1391525398_thumb.jpg

post-656-0-49699500-1391525414_thumb.jpg

Edited by SJPTII
  • Agree 3

Some random stands I hunt from....

GroundblindatSMRGC_zps40ee27e8.jpg

Ground blind and view from the ground blind.  Too bad I was hunting deer, lol.

gobblersfromgroundblind_zps81275299.jpg

The ubiquitous selfie from my hang on stand we call "4 Corners" which is one of my favorite bow stands.

Treestandselfie_zpsfd05cdf6.jpg

And the view from my old wooden permanent stand on our Potter County, PA camp that just got retired this past November.  Shot my biggest buck to date out of it and lots of others over the many years since I first built it.  It overlooks the edge of a large hemlock and rhododendron swamp.  That's both a logging road and property boundary you see.

PotterCampviewfrommystand_zps1c9b4a81.jp

And my new PA gun stand that replaced the old wooden one this past fall...

NewPotterladderstand_zpse89c1755.jpg

• Agree 5

This is the coolest ground blind I've ever seen.  No, I certainly can't afford one, but I got a grand tour of this one....fits two and is insulated.  For a "slight up-charge", you can have two more windows installed.  Lousy cell phone picture, but you get the idea. 

TreeStumpdeerblind_zps6d32f6b6.jpg 

• Agree 1

BnB, those are very cool and very expensive! Made by Nature Blinds.

I think you definitely need a way to secure them!

isolated1.jpg

http://natureblinds.com/

They come with a hole in each corner to secure them to a concrete pad for security.  I think I was told something along the lines of 4 grand for the base model.  Yikes!  Think how many lock-ons, ladder stands and climbers you could buy for that amount!  But if you have the bucks and don't like climbing trees, I'd buy one myself for certain areas I hunt on private land.  

wow.. caught my attention till i heard the price.. aint worth it in any respect IMO :cupcoffee: ...

• Agree 1

Yeah they are $2K+ and heavy mofos...350lbs. I'd love to have a couple of them, but man...that's a lot of popup blinds and treestands!

I'd probably just spend a few hundred and build one out of wood, carpet it, insulate it, texture camo it...and brush it in.

My buddy in ND built his own blinds out of metal mesh, tarped the roof for rain, and brushed/camoed them. Nice builds, I shot my first buck from a blind out of one! :)

Is that more of a clubhouse than a blind?

It did, however, inspire me to consider going to the local scrap yard to build a "ground shanty" for next year.  Would definitely have to build it on private land, but you could get some old lumber, sheet metal, foam and such to craft a nice hunting shanty.  Would be more of a permanent structure than a blind per se.  Don't let the NJ tax man know, lest you get nailed for having an untaxed permanent structure on your land.

But having a nice hunting shanty does sound nice on those really cold and windy days.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter
  • Agree 2

You could probably justify using it for an ice fishing shanty in winter  :)

I bet once I'm a real old man and the bones creak and moan and the trees all begin to look too tall, I'll want something like the insulated stump blind....but I have more than a few good years left until that day comes. 

Still Hunted a couple Cedar groves this afternoon... got to within 70 or 80 yards of a shed head or big doe.. couldnt get any closer before it bolted...

Pines.jpg

• Agree 1

The third week of January. I gun hunted 2 days in Delaware at a friends property. The first day looked like this.

IMG_20140124_114613.jpg

• Agree 1

The second day looked like this. Haha!!! I did score a doe on both days so it was a great couple days of hunting.

IMG_20140124_114509.jpg

• Agree 3

I'm very ready for the fall too.  Early bow. Can't beat it.  All these pix are from this last September 2013.  The last pic is the doe I got (sorry it's so blurry...I was still shaking...).  

57beb1d1-27ce-422d-939b-c421df0864b4.jpg

063b9950-4a38-46b9-b391-1902d1d16412.jpg

20130917_181108.jpg

20130915_190340.jpg

• Agree 3