IGNORED

2013-2014 NJW&W Member Pics from Stand/Blind

BowhunterNJ

Yeah they are $2K+ and heavy mofos...350lbs. I'd love to have a couple of them, but man...that's a lot of popup blinds and treestands!

I'd probably just spend a few hundred and build one out of wood, carpet it, insulate it, texture camo it...and brush it in.

My buddy in ND built his own blinds out of metal mesh, tarped the roof for rain, and brushed/camoed them. Nice builds, I shot my first buck from a blind out of one! :)

Is that more of a clubhouse than a blind?

It did, however, inspire me to consider going to the local scrap yard to build a "ground shanty" for next year.  Would definitely have to build it on private land, but you could get some old lumber, sheet metal, foam and such to craft a nice hunting shanty.  Would be more of a permanent structure than a blind per se.  Don't let the NJ tax man know, lest you get nailed for having an untaxed permanent structure on your land.

But having a nice hunting shanty does sound nice on those really cold and windy days.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

You could probably justify using it for an ice fishing shanty in winter  :)

I bet once I'm a real old man and the bones creak and moan and the trees all begin to look too tall, I'll want something like the insulated stump blind....but I have more than a few good years left until that day comes. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...