IGNORED

Propane and Natural Gas Generator Conversion Kits - Motor Snorkel

BCsaw

Time for another sale on generator products and conversion kits.

I have converted my Generac 7500 gas model with the motor snorkel tri-fuel kit. It can be run with gasoline, propane and natural gas.

One tank of gas gave me 8 hrs. Run time.

A gas grill propane tank was roughly 8hrs., too.

The Verdict is not out on the natural gas yet.

There will be no more gas lines or propane fills if you are lucky enough to have natural gas.

The install took a short time. The snorkel bolts onto the carb and the hoses connect to an included adjustable lp regulator or direct line to the natural gas.

Be ready for the next big one.

2012-11-15_12-52-54_695~2.jpeg

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/

Birdman

I thought about this since we have NG at the new place. Problem is I ran the line for the panel out to the geerage so I wouldn't have to listen to the 7800W monster running. I would need to run a Gas line out there too which would be a little more work. The work would def be worth it as no worry at all on getting fuel. Might have to get at it Brendan as Hurricane season is upon us. Dang service is on the other side of the house from the geerege though so it would take a lot of pipe. Hey if you ever get bored I got a little job for you LOL.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

Did you get the optional motor tachometer?  Some site somewhere that sells them recommends the tachometer so you can tweak the air/fuel mixture to get it optimal.  The natural gas option is the way to go.  I vividly remember the gas lines when Sandy hit.  Had to drive to PA to get gas.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Just figured I'd chime in since I have experience with these.  I purchased two portable generators a while back for my main home and a vacation home in the Poconos.  I got tired of dealing with storing gas and making sure I didn't let the gas go bad etc.   So, installed one of these on both.  At  my main house I have NG.  I ran a line out to a barbecue in the past, so I just used that as a hook up to the generator.  It has worked great.  I had the genny running for 3 days on this once...never had to get gas worry about it etc.  

The other house I have a few of the 15lb propane tanks stored.  I find one propane tank runs about the same amount as a full tank of gas.  But I do think the genny runs cleaner on the NG and propane then it did on gas.  I will say I notice a very small decrease in RPMs when I run on NG vs. propane or gas.  Not significant, but noticeable.  

These are easy to install and because propane stores easier than gasoline (and NG storage isn't an issue), they are great.  Also, remember in a real big outage, many of your local gas stations may be w/o power so getting refills might be problematic.  And, best of all, you can still run it on gasoline if you want.  

I highly recommend these....it just gives you more options.  

I thought about this since we have NG at the new place. Problem is I ran the line for the panel out to the geerage so I wouldn't have to listen to the 7800W monster running. I would need to run a Gas line out there too which would be a little more work. The work would def be worth it as no worry at all on getting fuel. Might have to get at it Brendan as Hurricane season is upon us. Dang service is on the other side of the house from the geerege though so it would take a lot of pipe. Hey if you ever get bored I got a little job for you LOL.

Thanks Stevo, as one of the stand up members on njh, njw&w, you keep the money in the family!

While not an electrician, some expertise and codes need to be followed.

"For the generator, you're either paying for pipe or wire."

My take on this was to run the generator quick disconnect hose tapped off the designated

"Natural Gas," pool heater line.

From the external transfer switch box, I would run a 75', $200 eek, extension cord to the portable genny.

No gas lines, cook on the lp barbie and no drama!

I reached out to you before, when in Howell, but you were assisting other members.

Birdman

Edited by BCsaw

Did you get the optional motor tachometer? Some site somewhere that sells them recommends the tachometer so you can tweak the air/fuel mixture to get it optimal. The natural gas option is the way to go. I vividly remember the gas lines when Sandy hit. Had to drive to PA to get gas.

With the motor snorkel install, you're running the carb wide open.

There is an adjustment screw for the idle on the lp regulator.

It is different from gas to lp and ng.

Your settings may vary.

I do have one or two tachs.

The basic tach,

This was all money well spent!

Birdman

Edited by BCsaw

Most generators for the home need to run at 3600 rpm to get 60 cycles. Any more or less will kill motors or compressors. Also some medical equipment will not work on the cheaper generators due to a poor wave form.

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.