IGNORED

FARMERS SPORTSMAN “ MONEY SHOOT”

flukebelly

Just curious…any members here shooting the Farmers 3d money shoot in April ? I’m considering it but it requires 2 man teams and half the guys i shoot with shoot trad, and the others aren’t up to playing for cash …LOL.

if I’m not trout fishing that weekend in PA i may be looking for a partner. Check out their website for more details.

16 hours ago, flukebelly said:

Just curious…any members here shooting the Farmers 3d money shoot in April ? I’m considering it but it requires 2 man teams and half the guys i shoot with shoot trad, and the others aren’t up to playing for cash …LOL.

if I’m not trout fishing that weekend in PA i may be looking for a partner. Check out their website for more details.

I just set up a new archery back stop today , seeing if I can get tuned up for that event .

only thing I didn’t like was it’s known yardages , with 40 yard max .

will need to be shooting mostly 14’s to be competitive.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I like the known yardage, but agree bonus rings will be pretty high ! It sounds like a 25 target course so i was thinking even low 300’s might be competitive with the scoring payouts.

on a regular Farmers shoot ,shooting from the pro stake, with scoring based on 0,5,8,10,11 , with 30 targets…. I shoot just above 300.

55 minutes ago, flukebelly said:

I like the known yardage, but agree bonus rings will be pretty high ! It sounds like a 25 target course so i was thinking even low 300’s might be competitive with the scoring payouts.

on a regular Farmers shoot ,shooting from the pro stake, with scoring based on 0,5,8,10,11 , with 30 targets…. I shoot just above 300.

I used to shoot there a lot . Was only a few minutes from my house .

Back then they only scored to 10. Cleaned it often  including having to guess the yardage .

Won the overall championship with a 298 in a shoot off .

was a lot of crying because I was a sponsored shooter . Shot it a lot still .

never kept score again , as I never turned in another card , just wanted to shoot 

as far as their new tourney , unless their are wicked angles , and lots of targets between 35-40 I would think it will take a 330 to be competitive. 

also don’t totally understand their part about only highest scoring arrow counts .

is each team member taking a shot at each target and only 1 arrow scored ? 

If so first guy shoots for an 11 , and second shoots for 14.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Agreed. I have no idea what “ highest scoring arrow counts” translates to.  With 2 teams of 2 at a stake what if 2 opposing shooters both drill a 14? It would be tight, but possible. I’ve followed plenty of other guys arrows into a ring.

i plan on getting a full explanation next shoot on 3/17.