IGNORED

What is this sling called, and how to put it together?

Here's a weird one. Many years ago, a guy I know gave me this sling. He had another one he used and it was nice; he gave me his extra. There is this sliding loop or collar that allowed you to quick adjust the sling length.

Well, I came across it in my basement recently and tried to put it together and cannot for the life of me figure it out. I don't even know the name of this type of sling or who made it, so I can't Google and find the answer. I thought it was a 2 point quick adjust sling but I cannot find anything on it, so I guess that isn't it.

Anyone know the name of this type of sling, and more importantly how to put it together? You'd think it would be easy, but it isn't. I can't figure out the proper way to loop it around and get the collar on the correct way so the "quick adjust" works.

(I put tissue under the one end so you can see the holes you use to attach it to the inside part of the webbing... That's part of the difficulty, how to loop it around and attach it and where does that small loop/collar go?)

PXL_20240217_173804674.thumb.jpg.5cb327e83ddbb291948f8d7a25b73ee6.jpg17081921834374966312618806075735.thumb.jpg.61ae272899b235fe20bbfa88f292fa23.jpg

4 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Here's a weird one. Many years ago, a guy I know gave me this sling. He had another one he used and it was nice; he gave me his extra. There is this sliding loop or collar that allowed you to quick adjust the sling length.

Well, I came across it in my basement recently and tried to put it together and cannot for the life of me figure it out. I don't even know the name of this type of sling or who made it, so I can't Google and find the answer. I thought it was a 2 point quick adjust sling but I cannot find anything on it, so I guess that isn't it.

Anyone know the name of this type of sling, and more importantly how to put it together? You'd think it would be easy, but it isn't. I can't figure out the proper way to loop it around and get the collar on the correct way so the "quick adjust" works.

(I put tissue under the one end so you can see the holes you use to attach it to the inside part of the webbing... That's part of the difficulty, how to loop it around and attach it and where does that small loop/collar go?)

PXL_20240217_173804674.thumb.jpg.5cb327e83ddbb291948f8d7a25b73ee6.jpg17081921834374966312618806075735.thumb.jpg.61ae272899b235fe20bbfa88f292fa23.jpg

Configured like this but yours has Chicago screws instead of buckles .

IMG_3056.jpeg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/