IGNORED

Beading two pice scope bases

smittty

Yes I always do I use jb weld and bucher wax for the form but I’ve never done it with a two pice base i think I know someone on here that does will see if he comes to the rescue. And I’m sorry it bedding not beading

Edited by smittty

5 hours ago, smittty said:

Has anybody on here ever bedded a set of two pice bases if so he did you go about it I’ve only done one pice bases witch is simple I don’t know how to go about two pieces 

Edited by smittty

4 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Do you need to raise a base to get them in line or something?

Exactly but with two pices over top of a breech I’m not even sure how to tell if needed most one pice bases do need to be beeded. On the one pice you put the forward screw in just barely snug and pretty much look for daylight. If the rear is not touching it needs to be bedded that being said with light weight aluminum ring that I ordered they say right on the packaging do not lap and lapping would be the only other way to go

I would assume the only way to tell if they needed to be bedded is attaching the bases snug and putting the rings on the scope and seeing if both the front and back touch the base with no gap. Without being able to lap the rings maybe bedding the scope into the bottom half of the rings would eliminate any torque or stress? 

AWM

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

I would assume the only way to tell if they needed to be bedded is attaching the bases snug and putting the rings on the scope and seeing if both the front and back touch the base with no gap. Without being able to lap the rings maybe bedding the scope into the bottom half of the rings would eliminate any torque or stress? 

I’m not all that concerned about torque or stress. I’m concerned about keeping the scope square. I know with one pice based most need or should be bedded think I have an idea to figure out to see how far off the two bases are. Will see and go from there. I was hopeful someone on here has done it before 

• 5 weeks later...