IGNORED

Who had this happen today for Muzzy Opener!!!

CMCH BUCKHUNTER

My fear is the Division's total dependency these days on the $28 buck tags.  IMO, they need to increase overall license fees (not permits, but the hunting and fishing license cost) to drive more income to their coffers.  If they don't move to new revenue sources and keep so much reliance on the buck tag sales (approx. $1 million/year), the herd will suffer and license sales will dwindle.  That will kill the cash cow, so to speak.  I'm just not sure if the current management is in agreement with me.  But change is coming to that as well.....some key additional retirements will bring in some new and fresh blood in coming years. 

I was out in 16 and didn't hear one shot in the am or pm. This is the worst year I've ever had as far as even seeing deer.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

I was out in 16 and didn't hear one shot in the am or pm. This is the worst year I've ever had as far as even seeing deer.

I hunt in 16 as well, very tough year. Finally had a shot at a doe the other day and she jumped when I drew back. Still looking to get some meat in my 2nd year!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Getting back to the original post.   :rofl:

I used to hunt with an old Renegade and I think I popped more caps at deer than actually killed deer.  I had one doe just stand there and stare at me while I popped cap after cap without the gun going off.  Finally I yelled at her so she would run away.  

I think the licenses are pricy enough!!!!! I would not be willing to pay any more, I hunt bow mostly if the fees go up I'll buy less, that means I'll give up permit bow as I did this year, and would give up the gun season too, I think I pay enough. Find another way to trim the fat. JMO

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I think the licenses are pricy enough!!!!! I would not be willing to pay any more, I hunt bow mostly if the fees go up I'll buy less, that means I'll give up permit bow as I did this year, and would give up the gun season too, I think I pay enough. Find another way to trim the fat. JMO

I haven't bought a gun license in many years for that very reason.