IGNORED

When you want a blonde but got a brunette can u really be mad?

Coyoteslayer

Looks like you were fishing up by the dam.Β 

This is going to sound silly, but I have fished that lake for years since I'm only a few minutes away and have never fished up by the dam.Β 

I've always fished from fishing pier outside the park or further back, usually back further past where the kayak launch is, so I really need to explore that lake more.

6 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

Looks like you were fishing up by the dam.Β 

This is going to sound silly, but I have fished that lake for years since I'm only a few minutes away and have never fished up by the dam.Β 

I've always fished from fishing pier outside the park or further back, usually back further past where the kayak launch is, so I really need to explore that lake more.

First 2 bass were caught by the kayak launch. 1 or 2 by the dam. Biggest bass I ever got there was other side of road in creek below the dam.Β 

35 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

First 2 bass were caught by the kayak launch. 1 or 2 by the dam. Biggest bass I ever got there was other side of road in creek below the dam.Β 

I've caught a couple of decent crappie off the left side of kayak launch on small spinners rigged with a twister tail.

I don't know if the carp ever rebounded after the mass die-off a few years ago. IIRC some type of fast spreading disease that affects carp hit the lake.Β 

2 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

I've caught a couple of decent crappie off the left side of kayak launch on small spinners rigged with a twister tail.

I don't know if the carp ever rebounded after the mass die-off a few years ago. IIRC some type of fast spreading disease that affects carp hit the lake.Β 

I lost a breeder trout trying to boat flip him onto that kayak launch last year lol. Same spot off to the left. Must be a hole there.Β Β 

On 4/27/2023 at 4:45 PM, Coyoteslayer said:

My biggest bass there was caught also below the damn. Caught my limit in trout below the damn plenty of times also. Haven’t fished there in a few yrs.Β 

7 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

My biggest bass there was caught also below the damn. Caught my limit in trout below the damn plenty of times also. Haven’t fished there in a few yrs.Β 

Ok. Now I definitely have to try below the dam.Β 

Thinking we also need to throw a fish finder with down-scan on the Trout Boss and map out the lake bottom πŸ˜‚

11 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

20210416_080713.jpg.dce80ea94526a9f0f0c523f5947023ee.jpg20210417_070443.jpg.b3533b067da4a02699e6a07a1976ea62.jpgthis was a few years ago but we slayed em that day below the dam.Β 20210417_071922.jpg.2c40872a447886d487a14d50469edf64.jpg