IGNORED

Legislative Leaders' Motion To Intervene in Koons/ANJPRC Case

State Legislators are trying to intervene themselves into the defense of the Koons/ANJRPC case to be on 1/26/2023.   

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/legal_motions___briefs/motionto_intervene_in_case.pdf

I'd say this is beyond tomfoolery! They created it, the AG and Superintendent should be defending this as it's been done in years past!

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

I don't fully understand due to the legalese, but from the sounds of it, it seems like the Senate President and the Assembly Speaker want to take over defending their statute - taking over from the AG it seems.

I dunno - are those guys lawyers? Seems like "a man who opts to defend himself in court has a fool for a client".

Anyway - whatever. THOSE are the ones that created it so let them and their team defend it.

12 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

State Legislators are trying to intervene themselves into the defense of the Koons/ANJRPC case to be on 1/26/2023.   

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/legal_motions___briefs/motionto_intervene_in_case.pdf

I'd say this is beyond tomfoolery! They created it, the AG and Superintendent should be defending this as it's been done in years past!

The Superintendent is not a legislator. His job is to enforce the statutes the legislature passes. He has nothing to do with the it the way that you are thinking he does. 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

12 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

The Superintendent is not a legislator. His job is to enforce the statutes the legislature passes. He has nothing to do with the it the way that you are thinking he does. 

I am aware, apologies if I made it sound like Callahan is a legislator.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

In my opinion they're scrambling to save face on this with their anti-gun constituents/donors since some TROs have already been granted with more possible this week, their attempt to judge shop backfired, they're probably not going to win with Judge Bumb, and the appeal route thru 3rd circuit and/or SCOTUS isn't very good.

They were told during multiple legislature committee meetings these new laws would probably not pass constitutional muster and still pushed ahead with them knowing this. In fact one of the assemblymen or senators, can't remember who off top of my head, actually said during a meeting  "We'll have to pass it to see if it is constitutional".

Now that these warnings about constitutionality are bearing out in court, they want to be able to say "we tried, but the unfair courts overruled us".