IGNORED

12/16 Check In

Nomad

2 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Don't feel bad for me. I have killed plenty of nice deer in the pines. There are many great deer down here.  

Yes there is but I wouldn't say many

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

6 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I guess you just don't know what you don't know.  Many more than you think. Most pineys are not Facebook heroes. 

I said nothing about Facebook. I've been to the Edison show deer classic room many years, seen the MONSTROSITY'S hope you get one:up:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Don't feel bad for me. I have killed plenty of nice deer in the pines. There are many great deer down here.  

Agreed, here is my buck from a few years back. Not a monster but a nice pine buck.  There are some great bucks down here. I've seen some local trail cam pics of some monster bucks. Sorry for the sideways pics

20201206_140530_10792403478850.jpg

20201206_140346_10791956479840.jpg

47 minutes ago, roy381 said:

Agreed, here is my buck from a few years back. Not a monster but a nice pine buck.  There are some great bucks down here. I've seen some local trail cam pics of some monster bucks. Sorry for the sideways pics

20201206_140530_10792403478850.jpg

20201206_140346_10791956479840.jpg

Love that big hoop. I been hunting this area for 49 years. I know a lot of guys who kill monsters most years. It is easy to go without filling a tag when chasing only one buck. And helping new hunters all season as well.  Sometimes where you start and where you end up could be a mile or so. I could have just punched my permit buck tag yesterday afternoon but only squeezing trigger on one deer in this spot. I could not verify it was him so I let them walk. See what happens this afternoon with the muzzy

19 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Love that big hoop. I been hunting this area for 49 years. I know a lot of guys who kill monsters most years. It is easy to go without filling a tag when chasing only one buck. And helping new hunters all season as well.  Sometimes where you start and where you end up could be a mile or so. I could have just punched my permit buck tag yesterday afternoon but only squeezing trigger on one deer in this spot. I could not verify it was him so I let them walk. See what happens this afternoon with the muzzy

As you get older you realize it's the quality not the quanity

1 hour ago, JD48 said:

As you get older you realize it's the quality not the quanity

I also gave Wendy 5 sits between 6 day and permit days in this spot. I would be just as thrilled if she killed this buck. She had buck for 20 minutes on Thursday but no shot opportunity. I was texting people like she was going to shoot any second I was that thrilled for her. She won't be out til winter bow now so it will solely be me versus this buck. Win or lose he has already given me the price of admission. 

Just now, deadonshot2 said:

I also gave Wendy 5 sits between 6 day and permit days in this spot. I would be just as thrilled if she killed this buck. She had buck for 20 minutes on Thursday but no shot opportunity. I was texting people like she was going to shoot any second I was that thrilled for her. She won't be out til winter bow now so it will solely be me versus this buck. Win or lose he has already given me the price of admission. 

It's always about the hunt, not the kill